Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 AM

Default CR\'d on the flop holding a weak overpair 100NL on FTP

<font color="purple"> I had been at this table for about 8 orbits, villian hasn't done too much notable, he 3bet my CO open once, and I folded pre. He just seems like a TAG who calls a little too much preflop with stats of 19/13/1.5

I had been running at 17/17/oo for my short time spent at the table

Please tell me how horrible this is and how to improve on every street, since none of it felt right during the hand.</font>

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $52.55
BTN: $211.20
SB: $99.50
BB: $110.25
UTG: $23.85
Hero (MP): $100

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $3.50, BB folds

Flop: ($9) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $19</font>, Hero calls $13

Turn: ($47) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $27</font>, Hero calls $27

River: ($101) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $49.50 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds
Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: CR\'d on the flop holding a weak overpair 100NL on FTP

The only thing that leaps out at me is the turn call. I think this is when you need to make your decision to shove or fold. With only the information you have given, I think you have to let it go and fold.

If you can put him on A8, 76, as a significant part of his range you can call, otherwise it looks like he has the overpair or set.

On the other hand, without good reads, you could have found out by re-reaising his flop c/r to $40. He folds the junk and you can fold more cheaply if he raises or calls.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:50 AM

without knowing my opponent Im probably playing the flop the same, and shoving on that turn card (it only helps us beat 85 but we cant expect a 1/2 pot bluff on river usually/ever...)

his low aggression factor actually kinda sucks for us, wish you could tell us how he's been postflop, cause I just dont know where the right spot to fold this hand is... b/f flop seems weak so if I think he has ANY gamble/bluff in him we can go with it on the turn
Old 11-12-2007, 01:30 PM

If you fold this turn card, how good of a hand to you need to call/shove? (is calling here never an option and this is always a fold or shove spot?)

I don't like 3betting this flop as it allows him to play pretty much perfectly, except maybe he'll fold TT or JJ.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM

I don't mind the flop play b/c you're in position, and you might want to see what he does on the turn. That said, it's marginal b/c he's going to bet the turn often and a scare card is likely to come out that will cause you to fold if he bets.

I don't like the turn. I would want to see some looser play from the villain before calling this bet.

Having called the turn, I don't think you should fold the river. You pretty well committed yourself on the turn.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you fold this turn card, how good of a hand to you need to call/shove? (is calling here never an option and this is always a fold or shove spot?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want at least JJ.

If you're going to continue in the hand, I think calling can be fine against an aggro player in order to induce another bet on the river from hands you beat.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:47 PM

"Having called the turn, I don't think you should fold the river. You pretty well committed yourself on the turn."

Are we making a mistake by being committed on the turn? Should we call the river?
Old 11-12-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want at least JJ.

If you're going to continue in the hand, I think calling can be fine against an aggro player in order to induce another bet on the river from hands you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you need to worry about the times he turns TT into a bluff. JJ is not much stronger than 99 on this board.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Having called the turn, I don't think you should fold the river. You pretty well committed yourself on the turn."

Are we making a mistake by being committed on the turn? Should we call the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you're calling the turn its b/c there is some chance he's semibluffing 67 or betting a worse hand yeah?

so once you get to the river getting 3 to 1, you should call since nothing has changed that wasnt on the turn.

that said, I'd fold the turn since the board paired and he bet kinda small which is indicative of a set in my experience w/ ft100nl.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think it's a mistake to call the turn here, absent some read that villain has a wide enough range to c/r the flop w/top pair or a draw. However, if he's going to decide to call the turn here, I think he needs to at the same time decide what he's likely to do on the river -- IMO if he's going to call the turn bet, he should also call the river.