Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Default PA HUD (Probable Hard Drive) Problem

Whenever I try to open PA HUD, I get this message: "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it." When I do reinstall it, I get the exact same message.

I don't know anything about computers, but this clearly seems like it is a problem with my drive; however, I really haven't had problems with anything else on my computer except PA HUD. Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:02 AM

Default Re: PA HUD (Probable Hard Drive) Problem

Try running a disk scan (open explorer, right click on the drive where PA HUD is installed, click properties, click the tools tab, click the "check now" button and check the "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" checkbox. If it is you C: drive, you will have to reboot to get it to actually run the scan. The scan will take a long time. If it comes up with a lot of bad sectors, your hard drive is probably failing, ans you should back it up and replace it before it dies completely. If the problem is a bad sector, you will probably have to reinstall after you run the disk scan. But the scan will make that sector as bad, so the file should be written to good sectors this time.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:36 AM

are you running aol security center? if so there was a big problem with the new aol upgrade and it wont let some programs run. there was a topic on the pokerace forum that was all about this, but basically the only was i was able to fix it and run pahud, was system restore to before the aol security center was upgraded. you can still run the old version and it should work fine
Old 12-29-2006, 01:32 AM

This is really helpful because I've been having problems with the AOL Security stuff so I'm sure this is the problem. Could you link me to the discussion or give me a more detailed explanation of how you fixed it?
Old 12-29-2006, 05:38 PM

just check out the pahud forum and search for it, was about a week ago