Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Moneybookers

I have a Moneybookers account but have not been able to fund it. I don't have a CC and I find the international bank wire option to be more complex then I would like to deal with.

My goal is to get at least $10 into my Moneybookers account. Then I could buy into PokerStars and as such have Moneybookers as my e-wallet cash out option. I have a very large PokerStars bankroll and I find having a Neteller replacement is essential with NFL / NHL season starting.

My possible solutions in order of preference:

1) Does anyone know of a poker site / sports site that would allow me to cash out to Moneybookers without first making a Moneybookers deposit?

2) Does anyone know if I can register one of those prepaid VISA cards at Moneybookers? If so what brand? (I'm in Canada). I've tried to register my epassporte virtual visa but it does not seem to work.

3) If all else fails is there someone who has a Moneybookers account and a PokerStars account that is willing to help me out with a transfer.

Thanks
Henry17
Old 09-03-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: Moneybookers

You'll probably find this thread helpful:

eWallets for Canadians

Fourth post in has some suggestions for starting off your MB account. I went the PokerSavvy route.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:00 AM

I tried using a prepaid credit card to fund mine, but you have to say if you are going to use it for gambling sites and if you say yes it won't allow you to deposit onto MB. If you say you're not going to use it for gambling and do it anyway they won't let you deposit to the site.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:05 AM

Everest will let you cash out to MB even if you bought in with a different source, but they want screenshots of both login screens as well as copies of your ID and something proving your real address.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:45 AM

I transfered someone moeny at Stars for money at UB. After some play I then cashed the money out of UB to fund my moneybookers account for the first time.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the help. I signed up with PokerSavvy and I think this will solve my issue
Old 09-12-2007, 05:02 PM

I'm jacking your thread because you seemed to have solved your issue and I don't want to start a new one.

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH MONEYBOOKERS

These guys seem to be jerking my chain. Anyone else gone through hassle with these guys?

I signed up, did the credit card thing, and verified it. It appeared to be all good, then I went to fund my account via credit card and it said my account was locked.

WTF. So I message them, they get back to me in about 5 days, and say I need to send them a copy of my ID, and a utility bill. So I take pictures of both with my digicam and send them in. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Since then I've heard nothing at all from them. I've sent them 3 emails. Not one reply or anything.

2 weeks ago, the address verification thing came in the mail, so I verified that as well. That didn't seem to help anything.

Are these guys an honest bunch? What's going on? Now they have $2.83 of my money that I used for verification (as if it's a random amount between $0.01-$2.99. Guarantee everyone got charged in the high $2's) And they have my CC#, and my ID. I'm skeptical.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:47 PM

I have only had my account open for a week but it seems legit. I've moved a substantial amount of money between poker and sports with no problems.

I find the CC and bank wire funding stuff is what causes problems for people. I'm using it just as an e-wallet and have had no problems.

Of all the options I've looked at it seems like the best one. Epassporte is good as well but the limits are way too low.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:22 PM

I have been with them about six months with no problems.
They are a very large company with a satisfactory reputation.
Hopefully you can get things worked out.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 PM

i was ready to send them whatever they wanted to get set up. that didn't bother me.

what's bothering me is that they haven't replied in 3 weeks. that's just horrible customer service.