Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Forearm pain when doing curls. What to do now???

When I first started doing curls I used the straight barbell bars at my gym but quickly moved to the e-z curl bars since it was more of a natural movement by my arms. I did them for about 6 months as part of my routine before I started to get a sharp pain in my forearm from doing this exercise. Generally the pain would linger for a couple days after doing it. I switched to hammer curls (which don't hurt) using dumbbells but I don't feel like I get enough out of them in comparison. Are these hammer curls equally effective?

BTW, the pain is in the inside of my forearm when my palms are face up. It is a sharp pain about 40% between my hand and elbow right on that bone. Any way to help this?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Forearm pain when doing curls. What to do now???

This is a fairly commong pain that you get from doing the ez curl bar. Take some time off from the bar and just do regular curls with dumbbells and let it heal.

Fairly certain it comes from to much strain on your forearms from lifting heavier weight
Old 06-28-2007, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Forearm pain when doing curls. What to do now???

i get the same problem over time, switch your grip length, wide, middle, close, and try different grip positions, hammer, ez, straight.
Also, like already said, with dbells you pretty much avoid all of that seemingly regardless of grip positions.