Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 02:10 AM

Default A Great Ab Workout?

Hi everybody. I really don't know to much about ab workouts and was looking for a very good effective hardcore one. I want to be able to cover all my of my stomach including upper abs, mid abs, and lower abs. I am very skinny for my height so losing wieght or flab isn't to much of a concern for me. I was also wondering how important working out my obliques were to getting a six-pack. If anybody could help me out with a decent workout on what exercises to do and how many reps and sets to do and how often i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: A Great Ab Workout?

Grab something kinda heavy. Hold it over your head and walk around for a while.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: A Great Ab Workout?

Doing some of the major compound lifts are fantastic for your core. Squats, deadlifts, and standing overhead press are excellent ones. These will work and strengthen your core far more than doing targeted exercises.

As supplemental ab exercises, you will want to be doing reasonably low reps with resistance. Good examples are hanging leg raises, weighted decline situps, and cable crunches. You will probably want reps in the 10-15 range, and enough weight so that its really hard to complete your last ones.

A common misconception is that you want to be doing hundreds or reps of situps or crunches or other crap like that. That really won't do a whole lot for you. You wouldn't get much benefit out of bench pressing the bar 50 times. Your abs are like any other muscle and need to be trained with resistance in order to grow.