Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Is this strange for a must move game?

At the local riverboat, they run a must move game. There are 2 NL tables with a substantial wait at peak times so keeping your seat during dinner breaks is desirable.

If a main game player gets picked up because he stayed away too long, he is given the first available seat. If that seat is in the must move game, he is first to move.

Is it normal to run a must move this way?

Is it normal to put picked up players at the top of the list?

Is this just a way to keep the regulars happy? (Only regulars know this and take advantage of it.)
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Is this strange for a must move game?

This is standard for a player who is away during the table change. Its not standard for a player who has been picked up and bagged, usually that player has to start again at the bottom of the list.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I often see this done by floor people who don't like confrontation. I think if you get picked up you shoulg go to the bottom of the list. I like the policy that you go to the bottom in conjunction with a policy where a player can get up from the game cash out to go to dinner and get put at the top of the list when he comes back from dinner (within a reasonable time period) This encourages them to give up there seat and let someone play rather than have a an empty seat while they eat.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I often see this done by floor people who don't like confrontation. I think if you get picked up you shoulg go to the bottom of the list. I like the policy that you go to the bottom in conjunction with a policy where a player can get up from the game cash out to go to dinner and get put at the top of the list when he comes back from dinner (within a reasonable time period) This encourages them to give up there seat and let someone play rather than have a an empty seat while they eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer a policy where they can eat dinner in the poker room to keep the game moving.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 PM

I like ps's approach. And I use it myself at rooms where they let you phone in to get your name on the list. I'll pick up and cash out and ask 'em to put me back on the list as a phone-in. I come back in 45 minutes and get the next available seat. That way I don't have to worry about overstaying and getting picked up, and I let 'em turn my seat over to someone else who'll hopefully actually be there playing. Win/Win.

I don't like eating a real meal at the poker table.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the policy that you go to the bottom in conjunction with a policy where a player can get up from the game cash out to go to dinner and get put at the top of the list when he comes back from dinner (within a reasonable time period) This encourages them to give up there seat and let someone play rather than have a an empty seat while they eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the policy at Foxwoods.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer a policy where they can eat dinner in the poker room to keep the game moving.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. I don't like eating at the table myself because eww, chip funk all over my fingers. And I don't like others eating at the table because they slow the game down since they're too busy stuffing their pieholes to pay attention to the action and they get chilli on the chips and cards.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the policy that you go to the bottom in conjunction with a policy where a player can get up from the game cash out to go to dinner and get put at the top of the list when he comes back from dinner (within a reasonable time period) This encourages them to give up there seat and let someone play rather than have a an empty seat while they eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great policy. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in Tunica uses it.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:25 PM

Default this is a ridiculous and destructive policy

Some super-jerk mega-nit invented this idea, some idiot in the poker room adopted it, and everyone else didn't have the huevos to speak up about it.

If you stay gone long enough to get picked up YOU SHOULD BE LAST ON THE LIST.

The proper procedure here is not a new idea, it's just a tremendously good idea, which explains the fact that today's poker room staff absolutely refuse to adopt it or even listen to the idea of it. It was in place at trop in AC back in 97 and most likely long before that, and it worked great. It's called DINNER LIST.

Pick up your chips. Put name on dinner list. When you come back, you are at the top of the list. Your courtesy for not locking up a seat for nearly 2 hours while you're not even playing is rewarded by being at the top when you return.

The way your room has it is flat out dead idiot stupid dumb wrong, if I need to explain further then holy cow, you might be an idiot who needs to be kicked in the nuts.

Al
Old 09-29-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fine, but some people want to meet spouses or friends and go to the buffet or restaurant.