Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 12-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Thanks for Pokerroom\'s Invitation to US players to visit TruePoker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am a little upset now because I tried finding out why US players cannot take part in the 5 free books and the closest thing I can find is that Mason's lawyer advised him not to affiliate with any poker site that allows US players to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it exactly right. If and when we can open things up to everyone we will certainly do so.

Also, we went to make sure that all the Internet poker rooms that take part in our Bonus Program are treating all our players well. Pokerroom has assured me they are working on the problem and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response and I hope I did not anger you. When you do good, I am the type who will let you know. When I think you have done bad, I am the type who is blunt.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help ...

FreeBeer,

As I understand it, the pm boxes will all be moved, empty, with the software change.

So you understand, I let it fill up because I don't check it frequently enough. If I could get an email generated to me whenever there is a message, I could use the service.

Otherwise, you can always email me at management@truepoker.com

TruePoker CEO
Old 12-02-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Excuse me, son, but \"legitimate\" poker operators pay US cashouts

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to respond to the post from the TruePoker CEO and the accusations that I have been supplying BS. I know that any attempts to transfer funds to the United States from PokerRoom are now routinely blocked by the US banking system. I know that all of the payment service providers that used to work with us to process transactions in US dollars to the United States no longer provide those services.

I'm not sure how I exhibited either ignorance or arrogance. If players in the US have been insulted by my remarks, the insult was not intended.

It is not just a coincidence that all online poker sites that are owned and operated by listed companies no longer accept US players. The reason is the prohibition on online gaming set out in the UIGEA.

I leave 2+2's members to decide for themselves what to make of the TruePoker CEO's patronising attempts to capitalise on this situation. I also invite the 2+2 members to visit both TruePoker and PokerRoom to decide which is the deadbeat site for themselves.

I joined this conversation to work with the original poster to resolve this situation. It has been very instructive for me to do this and I am confident we will find a way to meet his needs.

Regards
Lee

PokerRoom.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Excuse me, son, but \"legitimate\" poker operators pay US cashouts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to respond to the post from the TruePoker CEO and the accusations that I have been supplying BS. I know that any attempts to transfer funds to the United States from PokerRoom are now routinely blocked by the US banking system. I know that all of the payment service providers that used to work with us to process transactions in US dollars to the United States no longer provide those services.

I'm not sure how I exhibited either ignorance or arrogance. If players in the US have been insulted by my remarks, the insult was not intended.

It is not just a coincidence that all online poker sites that are owned and operated by listed companies no longer accept US players. The reason is the prohibition on online gaming set out in the UIGEA.

I leave 2+2's members to decide for themselves what to make of the TruePoker CEO's patronising attempts to capitalise on this situation. I also invite the 2+2 members to visit both TruePoker and PokerRoom to decide which is the deadbeat site for themselves.

I joined this conversation to work with the original poster to resolve this situation. It has been very instructive for me to do this and I am confident we will find a way to meet his needs.

Regards
Lee

PokerRoom.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is not what he (pokerroom) said in his first post. Initially he said that it was difficult to accomplish and in this one, he is basically saying it is impossible.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:52 AM

Default Re: TruePoker wants US poker players business and is willing to help .

[ QUOTE ]
FreeBeer,

As I understand it, the pm boxes will all be moved, empty, with the software change.

So you understand, I let it fill up because I don't check it frequently enough. If I could get an email generated to me whenever there is a message, I could use the service.

Otherwise, you can always email me at management@truepoker.com

TruePoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]
To receive an e-mail notification when you receive a PM, at the top of the forum page, go to "My Home", near the bottom right click "Edit" next to "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving forum posts by email, change message notifications, etc.", select "Yes" for the first option "Do you want email notifications when you receive private messages?", then click Submit. You will then be notified whenever you receive a PM.