Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Limp behind hand in razz

Razz ($10/$20), Ante $1.50, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.05 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.35 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises

5th Street - (5.18 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

6th Street - (12.18 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (14.18 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (16.18 BB - $323.50)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $323.50 | Rake $3

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

Seat 2: [5d 4c 4d 8d 6d Th As] - 8,6,5,4,A

</font>
Seat 2: Rocqoel mucked [5d 4c 4d 8d 6d Th As] - 8,6,5,4,A
Old 11-28-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Limp behind hand in razz

Perfecto. Ahh the limp behind is so deadly at the right table...
Old 11-28-2007, 10:25 PM

I'd understand if you reraise when he completes by why limp there, i can't see that being +EV in the long run. You are asking for people to catch cards. Also you can very well be behind on 5th here I'm not usually raising with an 87, I'd call. The rest is fine.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also you can very well be behind on 5th here I'm not usually raising with an 87, I'd call.

[/ QUOTE ]

The raise on 5th is likely intended to sandwich Seat 6, who called with a T-9 here. The +EV from getting Seat 6 to fold or put more money in the pot usually outweighs the possible -EV from maybe being behind here against Seat 2.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 PM

ah true I overlooked seat 6 sorry. Yep right move. Nice hand.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 AM

Seat 6 is stone dead, raising is incorrect on 5th.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 AM

makes sense, but you don't want seat 6 drawing your live cards and take away from your hand while the 86 holds?

Besides I don't think seat 6 is sticking around on 6th regardless if either one of them catches good. Seat 6 already put in his wasted money and got out like he should.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
makes sense, but you don't want seat 6 drawing your live cards and take away from your hand while the 86 holds?

[/ QUOTE ]Are you claiming that the presence of seat 6 in the hand is going to affect the probability that hero hits his hand?

If so, I suggest you revisit basic probability or spend enough time with a deck of cards until you've satisfied yourself that isn't the case.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 6 is brain dead, raising is incorrect on 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

and you are, of course, correct
Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM

I ran the numbers with rusty and it seems a call is the best play on 5th. Raising puts you in a bad position with the 86 and letting seat 6 draw to a 7 gives him only a 3% chance of making that 7.