Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 03:17 PM

Default AED, Saudi Real and Kuwaiti Dinars

These OPEC members have been under intensified pressure (mainly due to inflation, and depreciation of the USD) to appreciate their currencies. All three of them are pegged, the durham and real to the dollar, and the dinar to a basket of currencies (the main one also being the dollar).

I am thinking of taking long positions on all three currencies versus the dollar. Anyone done the same? Anyone think its a bad idea? Discuss
Old 11-22-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Re: AED, Saudi Real and Kuwaiti Dinars

[ QUOTE ]
These OPEC members have been under intensified pressure (mainly due to inflation, and depreciation of the USD) to appreciate their currencies. All three of them are pegged, the durham and real to the dollar, and the dinar to a basket of currencies (the main one also being the dollar).

I am thinking of taking long positions on all three currencies versus the dollar. Anyone done the same? Anyone think its a bad idea? Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]
economist had a great story about 'em (or maybe i read it on bloomberg)

bet was that riyal UAE's (not spelled like brazil's real) would be the first to move and then the durham if i remember which country goes w/ which currency [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

main point though is that it would in almost no way be a "disorderly" or sharp revaluation as that is in nobody's interest. it will likely be more slow and orderly in slightly fewer dollars being purchased. then fewer etc.

Barron