Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 AM

Default a newbie lost with a full house

Hello everyone,

I just made the switch from limit to no limit and I'm not doing as bad as I expected(10 BB/100 hands for 3000 hands) at NL50, but that's probably an upswing. I played limit for almost a year, moderately winning until I was tilting again.
I don't tilt as often as I used to, mainly because I'm 4-tabling now( got that great tip from one of the threads in the sticky). This micro-nl forum has a goldmine of threads and I'm planning to read all of them, keep up the good work!

Well, my main reason to post the following hand is that I'm sometimes very lost when the pot gets big. I have a hard time laying down sets, third nut flushes and such. That's one of the limit habits a surely need to get rid of.

My questions about this hand are:
Was my limping preflop bad or very very bad?
How was my flop play? (I was trying to lure someone in with an A and a good kicker)

Was the shove on the turn a good thing, or should i have shoved it on the flop?

I didn't have any reads because I just sat down.

Thanks in advance.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $41.65
UTG+1: $128.80
UTG+2: $5.00
MP1: $20.90
hero: $20.50
MP3: $44.90
CO: $45.95
Button: $97.80
SB: $15.15
BB: $50.00

Pre-flop: (10 players) hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $2</font>, hero calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.5, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2.5</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3.5</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises all-in $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $7.15</font>, MP1 folds.
Uncalled bets: $5.35 returned to hero.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($35.65, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $42.8)

Results:
Final pot: $35.65
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Default Re: a newbie lost with a full house

why did you just sit down with $20 at a 50NL table? ALWAYS reload to the maximum. if you're underrolled, move down.

I reraise PF (bear in mind i play 6max), you were lucky to get that many coldcallers behind i imagine.

I like the flop smoothcall, you have a monster hand on a fairly safe board (gutshot straight draws are your only real fear, worrying about Ax flopped 2 pairs is a bit much).

Turn is perfect. If you lost to AK it's a cooler.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I reraise PF (bear in mind i play 6max), you were lucky to get that many coldcallers behind i imagine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. A rr has to be incredibly standard at full-ring too, no? Why would you feel lucky about seeing a flop 4-5 ways with KK?

Otherwise I agree with your post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 AM

Always RR pf. your don't want to see a flop with 5 other guys with KK.
if he's got AK he's not gonna fold it pf. You want to play a big pot with a hand that strong, and you want to get your stack in the middle before the river. If you lose to AK it's just a cooler. Happens.

Oh wait! I just noticed that you only have 20bucks at the table? Why? Always reload! Well then it's a no brainer. RR pf and get it in on the flop or turn i guess...&lt;-- depends on villains flop action
Old 07-08-2007, 09:53 AM

Thanks both,

The preflop call was a misclick, or a black out or something. At least I knew it was pretty bad when I saw all the callers behind me.

I lost against A4 of diamonds btw.