Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Day 7 - WSOP ME Trip Report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rizen pushes all in for around 1.7m against gold when gold makes a big raise pf to around 500k with A6o when gold had TT.

i'm thinking wtf...you have to know there was no FE against gold in that spot...and gold wins another big pot, obv.

again, when the fireworks fly and you're nothing but card dead, you can't really do much...i whittle down to around under 3 million and keep on struggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone always gets this wrong. I had over 2.5 million to start this hand, and my raise was for over 2 million more. I definitely have fold equity here if he doesn't have a real hand. Based on prior play with him in previous days I felt he could lay down here, after seeing the rest of how he played the final couple of days I probably misjudged that. But knowing what I knew at the time, I feel it was a fine play and would do it again.

You should know I had more than 1.7 million at this point, as I'd just won a huge pot off you when you folded to my river push [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

touche, i was going based on cardplayer counts.

i still don't agree that pushing against a massive chip leader who was willing to call big bets on several occasions full well knowing he was behind to send a message was a bad idea.

are you rizen on pstars?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rizen pushes all in for around 1.7m against gold when gold makes a big raise pf to around 500k with A6o when gold had TT.

i'm thinking wtf...you have to know there was no FE against gold in that spot...and gold wins another big pot, obv.

again, when the fireworks fly and you're nothing but card dead, you can't really do much...i whittle down to around under 3 million and keep on struggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone always gets this wrong. I had over 2.5 million to start this hand, and my raise was for over 2 million more. I definitely have fold equity here if he doesn't have a real hand. Based on prior play with him in previous days I felt he could lay down here, after seeing the rest of how he played the final couple of days I probably misjudged that. But knowing what I knew at the time, I feel it was a fine play and would do it again.

You should know I had more than 1.7 million at this point, as I'd just won a huge pot off you when you folded to my river push [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Rizen

[/ QUOTE ]

touche, i was going based on cardplayer counts.

i still don't agree that pushing against a massive chip leader who was willing to call big bets on several occasions full well knowing he was behind to send a message was a bad idea.

are you rizen on pstars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am... CP counts were way off for me there. Like I said, when I played with him 2 days before that he was capable of making laydowns there. Obviously after seeing him call Prahlad with 78o I realize that was wrong. Had I known that then I don't push, but given what I knew at the time, I liked the play and still do.

-Rizen
Old 08-30-2007, 07:46 PM

I still don't understand why you still like that play Rizen. I have tremendous respect for your game, and enjoy your articles a lot. But knowing you still have deep stack and Gold is just insane, why didn't you just wait for a better spot with aces or kings and double up, instead of donking it off for nothing with ace rag?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:31 PM

10 days and no updates. C'mon Doug. Don't leave us hanging for another year. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 12:51 AM

hahaha sorry, been busy this labor day weekend, i'll prob write it this weekend.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:54 AM

I keep checking for it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha sorry, been busy this labor day weekend, i'll prob write it this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great.

Not sure if you saw this earlier post:

Doug, would you post the details for how these interviews are set up, when they take place, where, continuity shots, leads from producers, etc?

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 PM

at the end of day 7, they gave each of us cards with times to show up at the rio for interviews.

my interview was at 3:30pm. at first, they made me sit at a table with chips for around 15 minutes, while they moved a camera around, getting every single shot i suppose, moving the camera in all directions, etc.

then lon came in and asked me a series of questions, some about allen, some about gold, some about my background in poker, etc. it was around a 20-30 minute interview. most of my interview was not shown, probably a function of me not making the final 4.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Can anyone find links to the start of his trip report?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:33 PM

bump as a reminder to please finish this thing - this is cruel...