View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
This is TOO funny! Pittsburgh signs Brandon Joe? Now were really getting somewhere! SOOO busted!! I'm ashamed of the fact that you guys keep pressing me,but I digress. Good luck at the tables. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. If you're from Ohio, how come a little birdy said you have a Pittsburg Comcast address.

Hopefully one of the mods will provide your IP address to FTP. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 PM

wtf: Sidney Crosby #87 for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I think people are just trolling now. This one was too easy.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys. I just wanted to also point out that it's possible that the accounts in question are just playing a solid game. They seem pretty tight aggressive to me, and that's not a bad thing. There's no need for everyone to jump all over this BrandonJoe guy just because his opinion is different from yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely this is someone joking?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys. I just wanted to also point out that it's possible that the accounts in question are just playing a solid game. They seem pretty tight aggressive to me, and that's not a bad thing. There's no need for everyone to jump all over this BrandonJoe guy just because his opinion is different from yours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM

this is a troll for sure. def. not the bot programmer.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one, SCrosby87.

Seriously though, let's not have BenR and Jack2Wilson and GenoMalkin71 showing up defending the suspected bots. The joke's been done.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM

There's always room for humor. But let's not get too far off track here.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM

I agree that the issue of bots and moreso of Full Tilt not stopping the bots is a problem and might be a big problem going forward, but at this point all I see is some bots who can barely break even at $200NL.

The 4 "bots" listed have an avg win rate of around 1.5

Someone said they didnt know there were bots would could beat NL for a nice win rate. This isnt a nice win rate. A super nit with a win rate of 1.5 against all players would get beaten pretty easily by a better than avg NL player.

I for one wouldnt mind playing these bots even if I didnt trhey were bots. I just wont be paying off anyone playing that tight
Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke because of SCrosby = Sydney Crosby pitt. penguins

I really can't wait to hear full tilt respond to this one.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"1forthethumb" and "mariojr"??? LOL

Sounds like the work of some CMU geeks (or some other Pittsburgh sports fan(s) ).

For those unfamiliar with Pittsburgh sports lore-- the Steelers had 4 Super Bowl victories/rings until 2006; enough for each finger of the hand but the thumb. From the 1980's to 2006 the Steeler fans' rallying cry was "One for the thumb".

As for "mariojr"-- back in the mid 1990's, someone noticed that 2nd banana Penguins hockey star Jaromir Jagr's first name was an anagram for "Mario Jr."-- as in Mario Lemieux. [Sorry if this is obvious to everyone-- I just figured that not everyone here follows Pittsburgh sports and some might not have caught the connection].

I'm no FBI profiler, but makes sense to me that this is the work of some college math/poker geeks at a techy school like CMU and the connection that two of the suspected bots' names have is highly suspicious.

wow...nice catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to add a little insanity to the post. I believe Pokertracker developers are from Pittsburgh. Sometime in the past, while playing chess at the Internet Chess Club(Blitzin), I asked whether the two were connected but receive no reply. Believe the source of ICC is also in Pittsburgh. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]