Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: 50NL fold Aces here? (ugh I hate saying that!!)

Three-bet/folding is pretty bad here IMO. Just call and c/c down. You can take this three-bet line if you think he won't believe you, in which case you snap-call his four-bet shove, but I idk about leveling so much against a 21/10/1.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:32 PM

Okay I think I understand what you are saying. You think that after you reraise on the flop, he puts you exactly on the hand that you have, an overpair. And he still pushes.

Well let's get back to your flop raise. I think that IF he puts you on an overpair, then he might fold his overpair. So your raise folded worse hands and get called only by better hands.
If he doesn't fold his overpair, then he must think that his overpair is good. So what does he do then? He might shove or might call. The same for sets. You can't really narrow his range based on his next action. I mean if he has KK or QQ what does he put you on? JJ,QQ maybe? Or a bluff? I don't know what he thinks. Maybe he didn't think at all. I don't perceive him as competent with his minraise. But if he thinks his hand is good he might as well shove. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that you should go broke in this spot. In fact with an SPR of 13 I kinda think now that you shouldn't.
I'm just saying: if you raise for value, then you must call his shove.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Three-bet/folding is pretty bad here IMO. Just call and c/c down. You can take this three-bet line if you think he won't believe you, in which case you snap-call his four-bet shove, but I idk about leveling so much against a 21/10/1.

[/ QUOTE ] But the whole point here was that I (the villain) did believe him. I put him on AA after the 3-bet.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:37 PM

OMG that's pretty interesting that both of you posted the same hand. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Btw sorry Galwegian, I didn't want to offend you at all I just didn't assume that villain is a thinking player...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:42 PM

The issue is that a c/c line will still get a good part of my stack in. Assume the turn is a J and I c/c a psb. What to do on river? Call a shove?

BTW, customer, about the pic. It's definitely hot, but it looks like a real picture of a real person, instead of something from a magazine (which makes it better, IMO) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG that's pretty interesting that both of you posted the same hand. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Btw sorry Galwegian, I didn't want to offend you at all I just didn't assume that villain is a thinking player...

[/ QUOTE ] No worries. Very often I am not a thinking player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]