Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:28 AM

Default Re: CardPlayer claim about Annette 15

[ QUOTE ]
How is it even possible to be this consistently lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]
The most likely explanation is that she just tried lots and lots of times. I believe her when she says she didn't look at her hole cards, but I call BS at the claim that was her first attempt. It's possible she did it first time, and it's still a great achievement that most people couldn't do, but it's indisputable that she needed to get very, very lucky. For me this makes it considerably less awesome than it appears, because her win isn't just down to skill.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 AM

Of course she did it, she's blind in real life, and deaf, too.
Annette 15 is the offspring of Helen Keller 15, ldo.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I call BS at the claim that was her first attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said this?? If your read the interview she admits that she had done it before....

[ QUOTE ]
Annette “Annette_15” Obrestad: Yeah, I’ve not looked before. When I used to play $30, $40, or $50 sit-and-gos I did it all the time. I dropped down to lower levels just to practice, but I didn’t take it seriously enough, I think. This was the first time I’d done it in a while. I really just did it for fun, and that’s why I peeked on one hand; I didn’t think I was going to take it seriously enough. But when I got deeper, I wanted to win [without looking] to show everyone that it was possible

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How is it even possible to be this consistently lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]
The most likely explanation is that she just tried lots and lots of times. I believe her when she says she didn't look at her hole cards, but I call BS at the claim that was her first attempt. It's possible she did it first time, and it's still a great achievement that most people couldn't do, but it's indisputable that she needed to get very, very lucky. For me this makes it considerably less awesome than it appears, because her win isn't just down to skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i didn't just meant the SNG. I meant in general winning big donkaments online and live just means she is a huge luckbox and nothing more really.

About the SNG. It was a 4 $ SNG and in those events the best play is just to play your cards since the opposition is totally clueless regarding position and general strategy. So to say that she used aggression when in position is ridiculous as a general strategy against donks on that level.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I call BS at the claim that was her first attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said this?? If your read the interview she admits that she had done it before....

[/ QUOTE ]
In the original Pocket Fives thread where she posts the link to the video, people ask her how many attempts it took, and she say it was her first attempt.

[ QUOTE ]
amaaazing....

just one question : how many times did you try ?? 4-5-6 ?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was actually the first tourney i fired up to try this... also did a $20 180 and a $6.50 turbo but busted pretty fast in both

[/ QUOTE ]
then
[ QUOTE ]

This might be the best contribution to the poker history in years. This is simply AMAZING. I even told my girlfriend who knows nothing about poker about this. This reminds me of when I was in fifth grade chess club, and they brought a world class pro into play us. He sat behind a poster board chess set and played up without looking the entire time, memorizing where all the pieces were without moving. Annette has done the equivalent of this with poker. She literally beat 179 people without cards! not like rounders without cards! literally without looking. Just betting patterns. I don't know if everyone realizes how extraordinary this is. And this might be the best practice exercise for advanced players looking to improve their games. Thanks Annette!!!

PS - How many total did you play before you won one?

CMac

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks cmac, was actually the first table i fired up, so didnt have to spend alot of tiem doing it.... altho i did try it in a 20/180 and a $6,50 turbo sng at the same time

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 05:35 PM

how do you play a 180 man SNG "blind" and never show down a hand?? her table image had to be ruined if she was ever called on river?? i think she peeked more than once...
Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 PM

i just wish she was hot, she kind of looks like a hobbit
Old 09-18-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how do you play a 180 man SNG "blind" and never show down a hand?? her table image had to be ruined if she was ever called on river?? i think she peeked more than once...

[/ QUOTE ]

- People in 4/180s aren't very observant
- The people at your table in 4/180s change pretty quickly, so most people didn't see many (if any) showdowns
- A few times, she was fortunate to actually have decent hands at showdowns
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 PM

WFT PEOPLE. DONKAMENTS ARE A [censored] JOKE. STOP SAYING THAT BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES WELL IN A FEW OF THEM IT MAKES THEM A [censored] EXPERT. SHE'S OBVIOUSLY RUNNING HOTTER THAN THE SUN AND DON'T TRY AND TELL ME OTHERWISE. P5ERS CAN GO [censored] THEMSELVES UP THE [censored] WHILE LOOKING AT A HH OF ANNETTES PLAY

SHAUN [censored] DEEB IS GOOD BECAUSE HE PLAYING LIKE 50 TOURNIES A DAY SO HE HAS [censored] TO BACK UP HIS GREATNESS WITH.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- A few times, she was fortunate to actually have decent hands at showdowns

[/ QUOTE ]

if true, she got very lucky then...

the chances of having a winning hand at showdown, when you haven't looked at your cards is slim