Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Default NL50 river fold?

no reads or stats on villain. Been pretty active at the table, but TAG.

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP1 ($46)
MP2 ($50)
MP3 ($58.70)
CO ($48.75)
Button ($9)
SB ($27.75)
BB ($52.70)
Hero ($143.85)
UTG+1 ($148.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $2, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($5.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, MP3 calls $2.50.

Turn: ($10.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($30.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $30.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $60.50
Old 08-06-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: NL50 river fold?

If we're just talking about the river here:

I'd have put him on AJ, AQ or KJ. Anyway you're beat by the river with any J as well as the above, so easy fold.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:06 PM

I have learned the hard way and personally don't like to play AQo from early position - if you get called, you're up against a good hand and almost surely behind. If MP3 is any good, I don't think he would do that with a lesser hand than 99. The only hands I would discount here are AK/KK, since he'd surely raise with those.

At least your flop bet is really too small. MP3 gets 3:1 if he has either king or jack with the ace. How about betting the flop for $4 or $5? If you get called, it's time to worry.

Turn bet is again far too small. If MP3 has any draws, he just missed them all. You need to protect your hand, so a bet of $8 would be in order. A set would then surely raise you big time, because giving you a cheap shot to a potential straight would be stupid. A min-raise here is suspicious, practically crying out "please call me!"

The river is just plain ugly. If he was playing with JJ/KK, you just got hosed. Considering your read, KK is rather unlikely since a TAG likely would have raised with that pre-flop as well.

The way this was played, I suspect MP3 had JJ, TT or AJs. Better hands would have raised earlier and lesser would not have even seen the flop. Incidentally, you lose to all of them.

As played, fold the river. There is nothing you beat any longer.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 PM

Bet more on flop...

Bet more on turn... As played after he raises your lame ass turn bet, we should be reraising...

As played river is a fold...
Old 08-06-2007, 03:46 PM

I normally don't dig raising AQ in EP.

On the flop you should be hoping that he has a worse ace/two-pair and if a K or J doesn't come you should get all of your money in. Since this is dangerous board and you want a big pot - bet more on the flop.

He would probably call with any K,J, maybe a MP, or BP and maybe some worse aces. He will probably check if you check the turn and you are still ok against his range here so you should bet on the turn again(3/4 the pot will do) and this sets up an easy river push.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet more on flop...

Bet more on turn... As played after he raises your lame ass turn bet, we should be reraising...

As played river is a fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

basically sums it up
Old 08-06-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Threads, do you really not raise AQ at a standard table? I mean I'm a nit but I'm pretty much always opening AQ UTG with a raise.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Bets are too weak, but at least 3bet the turn to like $30.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Threads, do you really not raise AQ at a standard table? I mean I'm a nit but I'm pretty much always opening AQ UTG with a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo sucks OOP in a raised pot when you 100BB deep. There are times when it is ok to raise it, but in general it isn't much fun or much profitable, imo. I tend to raise it in MP though.

There are lots of better hands to raise in EP than AQo.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo sucks OOP in a raised pot when you 100BB deep. There are times when it is ok to raise it, but in general it isn't much fun or much profitable, imo. I tend to raise it in MP though.

There are lots of better hands to raise in EP than AQo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it just plays differently at NL25 than NL100. At my level, people will call raises with A-rag and KQ, etc. and go way too far. So I like to bump it up and take advantage of their donkish ways.