Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

yes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:10 PM

No

I don't play fantasy sports or read the fantasy threads, but more forums are stupid.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes

i think the main reason this is a good idea is because sports forum regulars aren't crazy about starting up new threads for every noobish fantasy sports Q, and people stop reading or responding to the super-long threads after a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT,

Just thinkin here as I do agree that I feel like once a thread reaches a certain point some people might be turned off by it. So wouldn't a way to counter this would be like, "Fantasy Baseball: May" and then "Fantasy Baseball:June" ect. And do so for all the fantasy sports. If football can get one each week I don't see why baseball or basketball can't do one a month.

Just throwin it out there.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:22 PM

needle,

i think that's a reasonable alternative if a fantasy forum isn't created, and i'd be happy to start those threads.

this is what i ask of the people who are against this forum: most of you don't seem like you are advocating to keep this particular type of content in sports. you are generally against new forums (which is fine) but i don't hear anybody saying, 'i would really miss this in this forum and would not read the new forum.' is that accurate? instead i hear 'not really necessary' or something along those lines.

it seems like a lot of people who are against this forum do not tend to post in the fantasy threads. is this accurate?

what i am getting at here is that, while the input of sporting events posters is valuable in discussing this, i think the best reason not to start a new forum for this topic would be if the regular sporting events posters were saying that they didn't want to lose that content from this forum. i'm not really hearing that sentiment so far.

but this is just my .02
Old 06-22-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is what i ask of the people who are against this forum: most of you don't seem like you are advocating to keep this particular type of content in sports. you are generally against new forums (which is fine) but i don't hear anybody saying, 'i would really miss this in this forum and would not read the new forum.' is that accurate? instead i hear 'not really necessary' or something along those lines.

it seems like a lot of people who are against this forum do not tend to post in the fantasy threads. is this accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you summed it up pretty well. I used to be heavy into fantasy sports, not so much any more. Every once in awhile I'll click on a fantasy thread here to read what the latest buzz is. One or two threads on this forum seems like it's covering the issue pretty well.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:33 PM

quad,

i'm not sure you took my meaning. what i was trying to say was, while you might be disinterested in a fantasy forum, it wouldn't really take any content away from an established forum that's important to you. therefore, what's the harm in it?
Old 06-22-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quad,

i'm not sure you took my meaning. what i was trying to say was, while you might be disinterested in a fantasy forum, it wouldn't really take any content away from an established forum that's important to you. therefore, what's the harm in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm from this perspective I am somewhat inclined to agree with you I guess, I change my vote to yes

<font color="white">PLZ TO BE MAKING ME TEH MOD OF THIS FORUMZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </font>
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 PM

It's dilutive without reason is why. There's a grand total of 17 active threads today. This isn't some massively overtaxed forum.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quad,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thing. Fantasy football I contribute more to the threads there due to that I know much more about football than baseball. So I check the fantasy baseball thread every day and have made many moves based on what people have said in the thread.

I think it's a matter of convienence(why can't i spell that word?). People rather not have to check a whole other forum to get their advice. But, would it really take away from the meat of the forum? No, I don't it would.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's dilutive without reason is why. There's a grand total of 17 active threads today. This isn't some massively overtaxed forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

clark,

do you think sports forum regulars would be ok with five or six different fantasy threads at once? because usually they complain about it. that's the reason.