Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 05:34 AM

Default R I P Dise

2 days ago ParadisePoker made some big changes, in fact it has nothing to do with the old Paradise anymore because it is now part of the media boss network.Forget about the cool graphics or ordering a glass of champ at the table to celebrate your 1st place in the Pearl turney...
This new network is terrible imho ,graphics are poor ,interface is confusing ,cash outs and deposits are not easy (need PIN send by mail then need to make deposit trough sportbet then tranfer into paradise or inversement for cash outs sigh...) ,i tried multitabling yesterday and it was an horror show mostly due to the poor sound options and the short time they give you to act (timing out all the time) ,desgusting tournament structure you can t even double rebuy in the rebuys and the blind increase is every 10 minutes for most of the turneys.I could spend more time bashing the new dise but this are the main points.
I use to love dise and i was waiting impatiently for the legislation to change to be able to see all my US friends come back there and have some fun in the daily 40 or 100k r&a the pearl the monkey or blowfish but this is just a dream now and paradisepoker is well gone forever i m afraid.
R I P
Loved U...
Old 05-26-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: R I P Dise

WTF, I didn't know other people won pearl?

Also, I thought they would care about their recognizable players, apparently not, as my new screen name is hit21hit1 WTF, I look like an impersonator of myself.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:02 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] this is sad news as dise was where I cut my teeth in all areas of poker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 09:05 AM

f dise. i miss the boss network. now that dise is part of the boss network, i'm all for the return of dise.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:55 AM

i honestly dont think i ever played a hand on Dise. a hand of poker that is.

definitely remember dropping $750 at BJ in like 15 minutes
Old 05-26-2007, 02:10 PM

Paradise was the first site to offer online tournaments.

I played like a gazillion Limit Hold'me SnGs there before any other site offered anything but cash games.

They were so soft that nobody who didn't play them ever will be capable of fathoming.

It's somewhat nostalgic to see the "original" "old" sites - Planet & Paradise - die, but on the other hand - what we have today is soooo superior.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:44 PM

the new graphics suck big time. Old paradise had the best graphics going. New paradise is plastic and horrible.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:54 PM

They used to have excellent graphics. Once they started the MTTs, they were very well set up, particularly as the the information screens and so on.

I started playing there 4 years ago when I did a search, and people seemed to say it was the most professional. It has the most users at one time, but was overtaken by Party's marketing which attracted more fish.

Used to play Paradise and Stars for MTTs. Had my big $51K cash in the $1K Paradise Masters. Obviously, stopped playing there when they banned Americans.