Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: 25/50 6max play bad = tough river decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without a very specific reason to do so, I absolutely hate c/c on the flop w/ ur hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i was thinking, i think the flop cc is pretty standard with this type of hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's "standard" in that a lot of people here do it. But I just think that the "all better hands call, all worse hands fold" is untrue to some extent.

More importantly however, your hand becomes completely face-up, and you are given virtually no information about his hand. Specifically, if villian has Ax here, he is more likely to get two bets out of you (maybe even three) when you check the flop. I think once you bet the flop and he calls, there is a good chance he isn't betting a weak suited ace on the turn or river (although this obv. depends on the board texture). Although I generally do not mind puttng myself in difficult siuations given they are the most +EV, in this specific spot I think betting > c/f > c/c

Samo had a great thread awhile back that talks about how it's ok for opponents to know what your hand is as long as you play your hand correctly. While I don't exactly disagree with this statement, this is so much easier said than done. Let's face it, the typical 25/50NL player will often make your life miserable when he can put you on a very tight range.

I would much rather take this line w/ a hand like AQ from time to time and have him VB himself to death if he VBs too thin. I also think that taking this line w/ AQ is good for metagame type [censored] too.