Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

not a lot of the scores are confirmed as you can see, but it's based on score.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the game determine how many stars you get on a song? Average multiplier, total score, % of notes hit, or a combination?

[/ QUOTE ]
Based on score

But average multiplier is also based 100% on your score. Average multiplier is how you can tell how close you were to a 4* or 5*. 2x multiplier is 4* and 2.8x (or 2.801 bastards!) is 5*
Old 11-02-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what exactly does hyperspeed do?

[/ QUOTE ]
slows the song down.

[/ QUOTE ]
No it doesn't. It speeds up the notes coming at you so they're further apart, making it easier to time your strums.
The downside is that you can't see as many notes ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wrong, sir. Hyperspeed CLEARLY slows the song down to a crawl. Please do not post about topics with which you are unfamiliar.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are wrong, sir. Hyperspeed CLEARLY slows the song down to a crawl. Please do not post about topics with which you are unfamiliar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why don't you go troll some youtube GH vids instead?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 PM

I don't feel like resurrecting the GH2 thread so I'll use this one to brag that I finally broke 18.5m Expert Career score on GH2.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:42 PM

I'm starting to play this a bit over at my friends apt. I've played for 3 or 4 sessions as of now. I'm wondering how you guys progressed into getting better at GH. My friends recommended that I go through and try to beat as many songs on easy as I can, go back and try medium on the same songs, after attempting medium finish up the easy and then finish up the medium, continue repeating till I pwn TTFAF.

Any good tips for a noob who is having trouble going from blue to red on medium (lol).

GH noob.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:46 PM

Nice ttFaF vid there GT1T. I'm currently up to 475k on the song for a solid 4-star, and your vid gives confirmation that adding 100k to the song and five-starring it is within my capabilities. You sustain a lot of sick combos that I'm a ways away from being able to manage (the ascending and descending sections prior to the SP-activation power chords are impressive) and you are more solid in the solo than I am, but overall I should be capable of matching that with consistency in the alt-strumming parts and a better use of SP than I've been managing.

I still don't know the song to the point where I can quite keep up with HS3 (my best runs have been on HS2) but hopefully I'll get there.

In good news, I've been owning up on Xbox Live and have managed both the "Life of the Party" and "Seek and Destroy" achievements (hosting 15 consecutive song wins and joining for 15 consecutive song wins).

Oh, and Cliffs of Dover rules. That is all.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to play this a bit over at my friends apt. I've played for 3 or 4 sessions as of now. I'm wondering how you guys progressed into getting better at GH. My friends recommended that I go through and try to beat as many songs on easy as I can, go back and try medium on the same songs, after attempting medium finish up the easy and then finish up the medium, continue repeating till I pwn TTFAF.

Any good tips for a noob who is having trouble going from blue to red on medium (lol).

GH noob.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would work on finger placement first. On easy and medium you should always have your index-green, middle-red, ring-yellow, pinky-blue and focus on using those fingers to hit those notes.

Once you have that down I would work on HO/PO's. When you see a glowing note try to just press the button and not strum.

After you get that down start to work on alternate strumming.

Then once you can do that (and presumably are up to hard) start working on sliding and hand placement for the orange note.

Also don't worry about getting really good when you first start out. Just enjoy playing the game. You'll get better over time. Don't worry about pwning TTFAF on expert any time soon.

I've been playing since the first guitar hero came out (and real guitar for the better part of a decade) and I can't 5* TTFAF on expert.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:01 PM

heh if he can't beat all of easy uh easily he doesn't need to worry about hopos or alt strumming. Just beat easy and go onto medium and go from there. again I'm a huge hyperspeed fan and if you are having trouble on the lower tier songs on easy then try turning it on.

on another note I'm not quite sure I'll ever beat the intro to holiday in cambodia on expert. god I hate the altstrumming songs/sections.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:22 PM

i didn't worry about having to 5* everything on a level before moving up

i moved up as soon as i could beat a decent # of songs on a level...once i was beating most medium songs first time trying, moved to hard...same with moving to expert

it's not like moving up early in poker where u can go broke...worst thing that happens is u fail...but u can't learn to use 5 frets by playing on easy and 5*ing it...u gotta jump into the water and start playing songs with all 5 buttons used...