Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

I finally got serious about learning alternate strumming, by slumming at medium first, and finally consistently in the 97-100% notes hit range for songs I could 100% just downstrumming

the next trick is incorparating HO/PO to the alt strumming, and getting better at the fast stretches where you don't have to move your hand(I suck at sections were its like 20 of the same notes in a row)
Old 10-31-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raining Blood can kiss my ass.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-31-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who beat through the fire and flames on expert? Second try here

sorry had to brag

[/ QUOTE ]

what was your note hitting %?

When i do it in practice i get 75% ish but i always insta fail the start
Old 10-31-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Neversoft built the GH3 engine from the ground up and now note trackers can just program which notes they want to be HOPO and which they want to be strums where as in GH2 the HOPOs were determined by a timing window which was a hair less than an 8th note.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the opening of Free Bird in GHII...isn't there a bunch of HO/POs that are super far apart timing wise.

Also...I gather from some other posts that you were invited to the studio and seemed to do some testing with this game...did you ever post a trip report or anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
The fret board is really big in the beginning (each measure is really far apart) but it gets smaller when the solo starts so I'm guessing those HOPOs still fit within an eighth note.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raining Blood can kiss my ass.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would kinda struggle with this on Expert but decided to give hyper speed a try and beat it on my first effort
Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 AM

a couple other questions:

1).Are certain songs only playable in Co-op like sabotage, and helicopter? I know you can play them online but not in quickplay?

2). After beating Lou do you get The Devil Went Down to Georgia as a playable track minus the dumbass battle?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a couple other questions:

1).Are certain songs only playable in Co-op like sabotage, and helicopter? I know you can play them online but not in quickplay?

2). After beating Lou do you get The Devil Went Down to Georgia as a playable track minus the dumbass battle?

[/ QUOTE ]
1. You can play them in quick play, but you have to unlock them from coop first
2. No. No one wants to play Lou's side anyways
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 AM

1) Once you unlock them through coop career or through the unlock all code you can play them in quickplay single player

2) unfortunately no and that just sucks

edit: too slow
Old 10-31-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Once you unlock them through coop career or through the unlock all code you can play them in quickplay single player

2) unfortunately no and that just sucks

edit: too slow

[/ QUOTE ]

So you cant play Devil Went Down aside from te final battle?What a MONUMENTAL [censored] UP that is. They coulda put, you know, a LITTLE more effort into merging your part in that song with other ones, or hell just use your part, but getting rid of it altogether is [censored] tragic

edit:I just cant get over how theres no replayable final track. Unless they consider TTFAF as it...but just...no. I'm distraught. "Hey you just played through this game, and one final completely retarded battle against an impossible opponent where you need luck to get a whammy bar to use on the long string of Lou's green, unless you're completely sick good at this game. What do you get? well you can buy or access or whatever another completely impossible song that isnt even much fun to play anyways!" Great. The Devil Went Down would have been awesome to get access to
Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Getting better at HOPOs are tough at first. The best advice I can give is to remember to hit the buttons you're trying to HOPO on the notes. I know it sounds simple but most people just see a blob of HOPOable notes and move their fingers quickly in that direction and end up going too fast. That's not gonna cut it. Good songs to practice medium/slow HOPOs are Jessica in GH2 and Impulse and The Metal in GH3.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i really need help with this. i don't even really get them. which notes are HOPOable?
right now i've passed Before I Forget in medium, but haven't passed any of the other Live in Japan songs. i haven't tried all that many times, but i figure i may as well start getting good at HOPO before i develop bad habits.
whenever i try it though it doesn't work. how close together do the notes have to be?
do i need to do it for medium or should i be worrying about it later?
i tried Impulse and Metal Heavy Lady ( i assume that's what you meant by Metal) but nothing seems HOPOable. where exactly in the song can you do it?

thanks for any help. i'm such a newb