Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 06:28 AM

Default I limp in EP with 22. Flop a set. Huge pot. What line to take?

I played last night at really nice loose passive table. All the villains are unknown loose players.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

The table was loose (VPIP &gt; 40) and passive enough (PFR &lt; 5) to limp in behind one limper. I figured that the pot would surely be multiway.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14.47SB, 7 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

I play this very straight forward. Would you try something more sexy here?

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.73BB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 calls all-in $0.13</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (23.17BB, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 15.47BB, Sidepot 1: 7.7BB)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero ????

Strange donk here by BB. What should hero do?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:43 AM

Default Re: I limp in EP with 22. Flop a set. Huge pot. What line to take?

That's really disturbing that BB wakes up after going through hell on the turn. Between the idea of him slowplaying a monster of his own, or Button having slowplayed QQ or KK on the flop or completing an AJ straight on the turn, I think I just all the river. I think you did fine.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:47 AM

raise
Old 03-11-2007, 06:48 AM

its all fine.

cant fold or raise the river, so just call it and pray
Old 03-11-2007, 06:58 AM

If Button doesn't slow down it might end up being capped anyways, but why are you raising here? BB waking up after that turn alone should be scary enough for a change of pants.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:15 AM

Call the river.

Why did you donk the flop? This flop is a dream for you - Btn will almost surely bet so that you can raise.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the river.

Why did you donk the flop? This flop is a dream for you - Btn will almost surely bet so that you can raise.

[/ QUOTE ]Part of me wanted to c/r but I could hear MrWookie's voice in the back of my head saying: "Don't do it! Who's going to bet your hand for you if you won't?" So there's no better explanation for it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was hoping that I could bet/3-bet.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:36 AM

This isn't a dream flop. Certainly sets are nice, but it's no dream. It has straight and flush draws, it's too big to protect on our own and the likely bettor is out of position for us to protect w/ a C/R. Having said that I think donking or C/R most of the field are both strong options for sheer value.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:36 AM

Agree, you don't do it to protect but for value.

Str8 and flush-possibilities are the limit-players daily bread. So that they exist here woudn't really disturb me. On the other hand, the face cards will likely generate quite some action with anyone who has made a pair. That's what makes it a dream, imo. It wasn'T capped pf, so no-one holding a Q has to believe he's beaten and any MP or TP will call your bets all the way.

I'd take this flop all day vs. some 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] stuff.