Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Need help with default blind stealing/defending preflop strategy.

Hi,

I was thinking if you could summarize for me a default preflop strategy for blind stealing and defending the blinds. There's almost nothing said about this in SSHE and it happens to be the only poker book I have.

The questions I have:

(Just pick the ones that you feel like answering to.)

<u>Blind defence</u>

1. What % of the time should I 3-bet preflop if I decide to defend my blind? I'm assuming that I can't always 3-bet because the other players will eventually notice that.

2. What hand range should I use to defend my SB/BB against a raise from the Button/CO/HJ/BB? Stealer's att. to steal% is 30+.

3. Should I ever open-limp when I'm on the CO or OTB?

<u>Blind stealing</u>

4. What should my stealing hand range be when I'm on the button/CO/HJ/SB? Players on my left are TAGs or TPs. What if they are LAGs or LPs?

5. Should I ever just call when I'm on the SB and it has been folded around to me? Or is it a raise or fold situation?

6. If my opponent on the SB just calls and I have better than two random cards hand, Should I raise from the BB? (SB vs. BB situation of course).

<u>Button vs. CO/HJ</u>

7. What coldcalling/reraising hand range should I have when an aggressive player on the CO/HJ open-raises?

Thank you!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Need help with default blind stealing/defending preflop strategy.

This was probably a bad idea to post so many n00b questions in one post. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I guess I'll have to stop being a lazy bum and search for some answers myself. At least this post will help me to remember what I was wondering. Maybe I'll post something here if I can find some answers somewhere or maybe I'll find out that I need to ask different questions.

I'd appreciate it if you could point me to some good threads about the subject. I'll go reread this pokerwiki thread maybe it'll help.

Sorry for bumping this.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Need help with default blind stealing/defending preflop strategy.

Basic idea of blind stealing: Keep betting make the villain fold. Bet at least the flop and often the turn, checking behind on the river UI a whole bunch.
Best places to steal blinds: Late position (HJ, CO, B)
Best hands to steal blinds with: PPs, suited connected things, Big cards, suited aces
Best villains to steal against: Tight and predictable ones.

Basic idea of blind defending: Pick decent starting hands preflop and play intelligently postflop (ie, don't spew simply because you think you need to defend your blinds all the time). This will go a very long way if you're playing in the standard micro games.