Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: \"The Mist\" imo will be awesome

what's the book's ending?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the book's ending?

[/ QUOTE ]

download the novella - it'll take you about an hour to read the whole thing. Worth every minute. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harry Knowles at Aintitcoolnews.com gave it a big thumbs up - and given the reviewer, that's a hell of a compliment.

I haven't read the book, but based on Harry's review and the trailer it looks like a Stephen King take of "Night of the Living Dead" - innerestin.

since I have about 5 copies of that movie, I'll have to go catch this one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing personal Whiskey but the fact that Harry loved it and called the endings one of the best of all time helps my view if anything else. Knowles is a complete joke. This is the guy who was so moved by Armegedon that he cried multiple times in it. He also thought the Hostel movies were works of genius.

I actually think overall the Mist is awesome..especially the look...looks really good. But why couldnt they have just ended it with a bit of skill instead of the Steven Speilberg type ending of "we have to know what happens to everyone who left the store".

Plus I hate it when the script does a 180 at the end of a movie and characters act totally out of character and [censored] happens that makes no sense...even within the confines of a horror movie.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:22 PM

Yeah, if Knowles says a movie is bad, that might mean something, but if he loves it, it has equal chances of being awful or brilliant or anything in-between.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:27 PM

Wonder if it's a case of "Oh well, I guess it's time to wrap it up now" that hits so many movies and makes them seem to just give up on their own endings.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowles is a complete joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd agree with this more if he weren't so damned influential, and in a completely negative way
Old 11-17-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd agree with this more if he weren't so damned influential, and in a completely negative way

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i meant as a reviewer..not as a PR/marketing outlet.

and his major influence on film/studios is so 5 years ago. He does not have much if any impact on a film unless it is in a given subset of genres(horror/comic book/fantasy/sci fi) and even then with the proliferation of online fan geek sites the site isn't what it used to be in terms of power or influence in the industry.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 PM

And again..I would def recommend people see The Mist..esp with a date etc. But if you've read the book just be prepared to not like the ending(in my eyes anyways). But everything else is cool.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and his major influence on film/studios is so 5 years ago. He does not have much if any impact on a film unless it is in a given subset of genres(horror/comic book/fantasy/sci fi) and even then with the proliferation of online fan geek sites the site isn't what it used to be in terms of power or influence in the industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, the type of movies that he's big into are all over the place now, whereas before they really weren't. so, if you wanted to find a guy who's influence has affected the types of movies studios make (and are able to make $$), he's a pretty good choice.

so, while his influence is so 5 years ago in some ways, he's hugely responsible for the fanboy mentality that's taken over Hollywood.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, the type of movies that he's big into are all over the place now, whereas before they really weren't. so, if you wanted to find a guy who's influence has affected the types of movies studios make (and are able to make $$), he's a pretty good choice.

so, while his influence is so 5 years ago in some ways, he's hugely responsible for the fanboy mentality that's taken over Hollywood.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but I would argue that has way less to do with Knowles and more to do with studios only wanting to make movies with a built in dedicated fan base...regardless of what it is comics, graphic novels, tv shows, novels, etc. Add that with the evolution of CGI and that is the main reason u see so many types of movie the geeks love.

In the studios eyes its far more low risk than making an original work. And studios were always trying to make comic book movies...AICN simply showed them how they could use the internet to market them and make them much more profitable.