Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Did you like that nearly everyone had some night chat?
(Good Roles) Yes 9 50.00%
(Good Roles) No 4 22.22%
(Evil Roles) Yes 2 11.11%
(Evil Roles) No 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Photo radar & speed cameras: Are they in your town? (pic)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one problem I remember him not liking about them was that they can't be considered a moving violation since there is no actual cop present, it was more like a parking ticket than a speeding ticket so he thought a lot of people, if they ever knew that, wouldn't pay them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got one of these at a red light in Chicago. They must not be able to make them a moving violation here either, because my insurance didn't go up and I was able to just get a sticker on the back of my driver's license to renew it since I'm a "Safe Driver" without a moving violation in the last four years.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that they can't hit you with a moving violation because there is no indisputable proof that you were the one operating the vehicle at the time of the infraction. That is what my friend here in Seattle heard when he tried to fight a ticket from a red light camera.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this is the biggest issue. How can the government fine one person (the owner of a car) for an infraction committed by the driver of the car, who may or may not be the owner? I think when this issue is finally settled in the courts, this is what's going to derail the whole thing.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the shavings would jump up and completely block out the liscence.

[/ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't buy that. i read somewhere that you can get polarized lenses that are perfectly legible until you hit it with bright light (i.e. an ez-pass flash).

[/ QUOTE ]

I see many of these types of license plate coversbeing used locally. There is a new one out that makes it so that you have to be exactly directly behind the vehicle to see the entire plate. According to a state trooper that I asked (he was having lunch at the next table at our local spot) they're completely illegal but many, many people use them anyway. Somehow they're getting away w/ it.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to a state trooper that I asked (he was having lunch at the next table at our local spot) they're completely illegal but many, many people use them anyway. Somehow they're getting away w/ it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that they are getting away with it so much as they haven't been caught yet. I dobut anyone is out looking for cars with these things, but if someone has one and is stopped by a cop it will be that much more expensive of a ticket.