Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Moving from TA to TAA?

Pokertracker tells me that i'm now a TAA instead of a TA, but i'm not sure what that means. Anyone help me out here? Thanks.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Moving from TA to TAA?

Check what you have set for TAA. Its user defined, isn't it?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 PM

I think your AF-T has increased from the 2s to the 3s ... with PT's auto-rate rules
Old 04-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Not too sure myself. Im normally an eagle and then suddenly a moneybag even ive had a session a little bit down but won a few big pots. You can set PT up to do the ratings how you like. i just have mine on default. TAA you are now an moneybag instead of a TA eagle right? It may change very quickly....
Old 04-16-2006, 09:22 PM

I use the default autorate rules, and I'm 2.23. Should I strive to get into the 3's? And what can be done to play more aggressively?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:44 PM

Aggressiveness is Aggro/Aggro+Calls, where Aggro = bets and raises. Increasing the rating is simple: never call, either raise or fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Practically: slowplay less, calldown less, and raise more. I'm trying to move my AF from the 1.5-2 range up over 2, and I'm finding raises by raising blind stealers that CB, check-raising instead of bet-calling, betting weaker hands, raising turn donk-bets, folding or 3betting turn raises, and betting the river for value more often.

Since there's so many places to bet and raise, probably the only thing to do is to look through your sessions for places where you called, and try to decide if you could have played the hand better by raising or folding.

I guess the line is between when you're WA/WB and when you're legitimately ahead. If I knew where that line was, I wouldn't still have an AF under 2. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your AF-T has increased from the 2s to the 3s ... with PT's auto-rate rules

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that makes sense.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aggressiveness is Aggro/Aggro+Calls, where Aggro = bets and raises. Increasing the rating is simple: never call, either raise or fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Practically: slowplay less, calldown less, and raise more. I'm trying to move my AF from the 1.5-2 range up over 2, and I'm finding raises by raising blind stealers that CB, check-raising instead of bet-calling, betting weaker hands, raising turn donk-bets, folding or 3betting turn raises, and betting the river for value more often.

Since there's so many places to bet and raise, probably the only thing to do is to look through your sessions for places where you called, and try to decide if you could have played the hand better by raising or folding.

I guess the line is between when you're WA/WB and when you're legitimately ahead. If I knew where that line was, I wouldn't still have an AF under 2. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been way more aggro lately since i got the HUD. Now i can see the fish more clearly and if i go heads up against a passive putz, i just bet him out of the pot. My cards don't even matter anymore with those passive little Lee Jones' tighty-whitey pantywaist pussies.

My aggro numbers over the last 4k hands are:

Flop: 3.5
Turn: 4.23
River: 1.8

I must need work on my river action. My BB/100 during this time period is 2.64.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:41 PM

funny ...

i was actually going to say in my original post ... check your river AF - it's most likely way down (I have the same issue!)
Old 04-16-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
funny ...

i was actually going to say in my original post ... check your river AF - it's most likely way down (I have the same issue!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that bad?