Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Hi, My Name Is Cosimo, and I Am a Fish

Background: Whenever I'm playing and hit a hand that I think I screwed up, I copy the hand history to a text file (kept open for this purpose), add my question, and relevant stats on the villain. After each session, I go through the list looking for a hand to post. Lately I haven't been finding one, and I realize "I don't need to ask about this, I was just really really stupid."

Now to my point: I could keep this to myself, but I think trying to get to my grave unembarrassed is a poor way to live. I also know making a public pledge is more likely to motivate me to be consistent and keep to my commitments. So, here it is.

1) I have KJo on the button. 7 to the flop of QQJ. Checked by four, one bet, one fold, it's on me. Those yet to act have VPIP in the 44-81 range, AF<1, flop fold % under 24. I fold. Maybe I even shoulda raised PF.

2) 89o in BB. 3 to the flop of AT7. Check/call, and I fold the 3-flush A turn when 100/0/0.3 (6 hands) bets out.

3) AQo UTG+1. I raise, get three callers, flop comes monocolor K63, I've got the Q of trump. I check-fold when the poster bets out (and button behind him calls).

4) 89s on the button. Two limpers in front, SB folds. Flop comes K88 rainbow. I bet/call BB's checkraise, and call down HU vs turn J and river T. Villain is 19/10/2.3.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Hi, My Name Is Cosimo, and I Am a Fish

[ QUOTE ]
AQo UTG+1. I raise, get three callers, flop comes monocolor K63, I've got the Q of trump. I check-fold when the poster bets out (and button behind him calls).

[/ QUOTE ]

Eek. Bet the flop, call a raise. Your draw is good and every so often you will win right there.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:14 PM

Good for you for posting...keep doing it.

1. with 7 players on the flop, fold is probably fine, but I might raise and see what develops. I'm not raising this PF...that would just bloat the pot with an easily dominated hand.

2. I fold here, too, but don't even bother with those stats after 6 hands.

3. I'm probably calling this down to river and folding if I don't improve, though I like Xhad's line, too.

4. I try to find a raise here somewhere...I'm thinking BB has a K, not a better 8.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4) 89s on the button. Two limpers in front, SB folds. Flop comes K88 rainbow. I bet/call BB's checkraise, and call down HU vs turn J and river T. Villain is 19/10/2.3.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm raising this puppy.

[ QUOTE ]
3) AQo UTG+1. I raise, get three callers, flop comes monocolor K63, I've got the Q of trump. I check-fold when the poster bets out (and button behind him calls).

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm betting with this hand.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[1) I have KJo on the button. 7 to the flop of QQJ. Checked by four, one bet, one fold, it's on me. Those yet to act have VPIP in the 44-81 range, AF<1, flop fold % under 24. I fold. Maybe I even shoulda raised PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising pf here would be very bad. i'd raise the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
2) 89o in BB. 3 to the flop of AT7. Check/call, and I fold the 3-flush A turn when 100/0/0.3 (6 hands) bets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

(6 hands). wtf is this? oh, and weak fold, i think, if the pot was big enough to call for your 8 outs.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

highly weak. don't fold. i'd bet the flop i think depends on the details..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd raise the turn.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:52 PM

2. Duh, didn't see the OESD...not folding here after all.