Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 03:55 PM

Default A very aggressive game.

20-40 live 9 handed. The game is pretty loose and very aggressive. There are four Asian guys who are just going nuts almost every hand. The rest of the table is made up of decent tight players. My image doesn't matter in this hand since these guys play the same way no matter what.

UTG raises(He could have any pair, broadway, suited connectors etc. He is aggressive post flop and isn't completely insane but bad nonetheless.) I am next to act and have AsJs. Normally this would be an auto three bet to isolate this guy, however, there will be no isolating in this game since at least two of the Crasians will call or cap. Is it better to just call here and hope for a big multiway pot or go ahead and three bet a hand that may be best and punish the dummies for calling? Anyway, I three bet and it is folded to an insane guy in LP who already has his four bets out for the cap(This guy plays about 85% of hands and raises about 70% of those preflop. I have seen him limp reraise with T7 offsuit from EP. He made it five bets with J9 on a flop of J88 where it was incredibaly obvious his opponent had trip eights. Of cours he spiked a Jack on the river. It is folded to SB who quickly calls(He plays every hand whether it is raised or not. Post flop he turns into a calling station and will go to the river unless it is going to cost him multiple bets and even then he may stay. He will peal with absolutely nothing on the flop. I have never seen him check-raise. He will bet out his top pair or better hand. He is rather passive and will sometimes just call when he hits his two pair on river which he has done about 10 times tonight. He has a ton of chips and has the good players on tilt. BB calls(He seems solid although slighly loose). Everybody else calls the cap.

The flop: JdTh6s

SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, I decide to call and see what comes off on the turn hopeing to raise, LP calls.

The turn: JdTh6s5d

Sb bets, BB raises, UTG quickly calls, and it is up to me.

Well, SB could have anything, BB could just be isolating or could have a big hand, UTG probably has a draw of some kind and who knows what LP has up his sleeve.

What is my play?

Comments on all streets are appreciated.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: A very aggressive game.

i think preflop is an easy 3bet. if they all come along, good. you have the best hand.

i'd raise that flop. they will call with anything. let them.

Given that BB is not retarded and called 3 cold preflop,
I think he could easily have TT or QQ here. The pot is huge though. I think I'd call.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:11 PM

if you 3 town, will they cap with worse hands? if not, i would go three and take a free SD. if so, then i would call and call one on the river.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you 3 town, will they cap with worse hands? if not, i would go three and take a free SD. if so, then i would call and call one on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is, we have outs against some dumb hands.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:39 PM

I don't mind the call preflop, there are two bigger aces possible and many left to act. Since they are coming in anyway, keep the pot small so they don't have odds to continue later.

I think the flop is an easy raise. If BB flopped 2 pair, you will find out sooner. Would BB raise the turn with less than two pair? Maybe T9 diamonds picking up a flush draw? UTG also has me lost, calling the flop without raising and then calling two cold. KQ maybe? I'd call down this pot unless I feel BB has jacks up or better most of the time. I don't like 3-betting here at all.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:15 PM

maybe ur just bad at tagging fish...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:03 PM

I don't think you can fold, I'd lean slightly to 3-bet vs. call for the free showdown unimproved and to charge SB and UTG.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:06 PM

I think you should go to war on the flop. You have a good hand, are likely to have good outs if someone did bring an overpair, and defining your hand to your opposition is well and good in this big pot so that you can play better on the big streets.

As played, I think I would call, and probably call one bet on the river.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 PM

agree w/ pbob on preflop and flop raise.. it'll help you define your hand for everyone else so they're less likely to go out of line...
Old 08-12-2007, 01:12 AM

If the pot weren't already ginormous, I would agree with a flop raise, but with a flop that nobody is folding, I like the turn raise/3-bet better.