Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Turn decision #1

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are all kidding right? He is straight forward so I put him a on draw or maybe middle pair. You say your image is tight. You already bet the flop. Bet the turn IF you get raised re raise and if he is any kind of player he will fold. He does not have an Ace if he raises on the turn he probably has a J or MAYBE a Q and should dump to aggression. Or he MAY be on the flush draw hoping to push you out. No heart hits the river I feel pretty good and again he has to be the type of player to release 2nd or 3rd pair which is what i would put him on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I haven't been in this section in a while, mostly because I've been so busy I've had almost no time to play cards. I blame football season and a new job. but MAN, this post was bad. lol.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
straight forward to me means that IF I were beat on this flop I would probably know it by the turn ESPECIALLY if my image is TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that you would not know if you were beat or not until he put in 4-bets?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
straight forward to me means that IF I were beat on this flop I would probably know it by the turn ESPECIALLY if my image is TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that you would not know if you were beat or not until he put in 4-bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Question to the man advocating bet/3-betting the turn: if he 4-bets, do we fold or draw to the chop? =)

To OP: c/f like everyone else said.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Wow you guys really are as bad as I thought. I think I have too much room to make up to try and REALLY help you guys. So I guess it will make you feel better to chalk this up to 'another player' that does not know what he is talking about.

But talk about the worst way to play 10-10 check fold? And as far as 4 bets. Well he check called the flop where did 4 bets come from? I suggested 3 betting the turn IF he raised because IF he is any kind of player he will fold his Q or J at this point.

You guys play 3-6 alot dont you?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you guys really are as bad as I thought. I think I have too much room to make up to try and REALLY help you guys. So I guess it will make you feel better to chalk this up to 'another player' that does not know what he is talking about.

But talk about the worst way to play 10-10 check fold? And as far as 4 bets. Well he check called the flop where did 4 bets come from? I suggested 3 betting the turn IF he raised because IF he is any kind of player he will fold his Q or J at this point.

You guys play 3-6 alot dont you?

[/ QUOTE ]

flamewar to begin in T-minus ...
Old 10-19-2007, 02:28 PM

Lets take a serious look at his guys range and without further info on the player we will have to speculate on alot of things. Missing information is abundant here. Stack sizes, how long have you been playing with OP, etc.

Tight preflop can mean soo many different things. What is your definition of Tight preflop? Your tight preflop and my tight preflop may be completely different. For me in LHE tight preflop is A-K thru A-J and A-xs, K-Q, K-J thru K-10 suited, J-10s just about any pair and suited connectors with more than 3 seeing the flop.

The key in this whole scenario is the flat call by tight player. IF he has a high Ace he is going to repop for fear of the Diamond draw. He could possibly be slow playing a set of sixes or A-Q, but that is the advantage of bet raising him or check raising him. You should have a pretty good idea where you stand if he comes over the top of your check/bet raise.

Does he have the draw? Does he have a hand like 99, K-J or K-Q if he does then his play is consistent. Check fold? Really?

Again the only way you lose the hand to a decent tight player is if he has A-K, 2 pair or a set on the flop other than that he should fold to alot of heat on that board, but again I was not there I do not know if was a crappy player that will play A-x anything and call that A all the way.

Was this live? That is all I play. I do not play online so again if this was online maybe I am missing something. I know this is medium stakes LHE, but what stake is it 10-20, 15-30?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM

If you routinely fold 10-10 on this board with only one caller who plays 'straight forward' (whatever that means to you) and you check fold the turn then you will get trucked by good/attentive players all day.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:46 PM

ALL-IN... oh wait... wrong game.... check fold to bet...

Ironically... on that type of protected board, I'd be willing to bet he checks behind 90% of the time
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM

Him checking behind is the exact reason I bet it. I bet, he calls I bet the river again is he going to call? He will be getting good odds to call, but again IF he is a good player he will fold to your river bet with a Q or J.

The way I advocated playing does alot for your image at the table as well. If your image is TAG (and whether that is YOUR definition of yourself OR the tables is still IMO a matter of debate) then this will get you paid off with your big hands alot more if you sit with the same people from time to time.