Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:29 AM

Default FTP 750K KK vs AA

Not sure if this is standard or not as this is my first tourney with this high of a buy in. Pretty much the title says it all, second hand in villain and I both have initial stacks. I raise to 70, he min raises to 120 and I flat call. Flop comes 942r and I c/r his 150 to 500, he min raises me to 850 I think, and I push. Obviously I lost with KK to his AA, I just wanted to know if this is standard or if anyone can find a fold here? Villain is unknown and sorry for no converter, this is all from memory.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: FTP 750K KK vs AA

doubledrag finds a fold here
Old 09-25-2007, 07:08 AM

I think you've got to take care of this pre-flop. Take it up to 460. If he comes over the top, push or fold depending on your risk preference for early tourney allins.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:41 AM

I usually re raise pf with KK obviously but I just felt like mixing it up this time. I was worried about AA but when he min raised me I figured he was an idiot which made me want to play a flop with him that much more. With the flop that came out I really figured he could stack off with 1010+ due to his fishy play, but I might have just been hopeful. Im trying not to be too results oriented which is why I really wanted to know if people can fold this here to an unknown.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:36 AM

Im not that strong in tournaments but wouldnt a reraise pf just add more to the pot since if he has 1010+ and a fish he'll probably call or push preflop anyway. and your still on screwed by 1 hand?

others can let me know if im wrong
Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you've got to take care of this pre-flop. Take it up to 460. If he comes over the top, instacall because you have KK

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm never getting away from KK here. I might get away from QQ, given the fairly obv. min raises, but not KK. Agree with previous posters that I'm re-raising pre. I would call a shove in a heartbeat.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually re raise pf with KK obviously but I just felt like mixing it up this time. I was worried about AA but when he min raised me I figured he was an idiot which made me want to play a flop with him that much more. With the flop that came out I really figured he could stack off with 1010+ due to his fishy play, but I might have just been hopeful. Im trying not to be too results oriented which is why I really wanted to know if people can fold this here to an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's about it.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not that strong in tournaments but wouldnt a reraise pf just add more to the pot since if he has 1010+ and a fish he'll probably call or push preflop anyway. and your still on screwed by 1 hand?

others can let me know if im wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

To play well post-flop you need to have some idea of what you're up against. Calling his min-raise gives you no clues. Could be AA KK QQ , but could just as easily be villain getting cute with high SC or low PP or even AK, wanting to pre-sweeten a wonder flop.

Pre-flop re-raise 3x-4x, he's probably not calling w/ < QQ+. Maybe he's a fish and has a problem laying down TT+, but that's why I don't fold KK pre-flop in tournies and bet / re-raise almost any flop hard.