Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL SUNDAY MILLION***

[ QUOTE ]
Donald (Raul Mestre) is one of the best Spanish players and years ago was a top european Magic player too. He comes from limit holdem (100-200 +)with a huge winrate during maybe amillion hands, i dont know how many but a lot. Now he is starting to play NL tourneys both online and live (he is playing 100% sponsored the all EPT tour, EWSOP and more).

in a spanish forum he said the he was pushing every hand at the end because he doesnt have yet much experience HU and wanted to denie his opponents advantage postflop.

In his own words "The reason for pushing was simple: he was better than me postflop. When that happens i prefer to play preflop with (15bb) all ins in order to try to double up and offer him a chop again. He knows that if i play this way his edge is no more than 7%."

no way Donald is a donk event tought he can get sometimes a litle too agroo IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was monkey tilt at the end, plain and simple. Even he knows shoving 25-30 BBs is sub-optimal.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL SUNDAY MILLION***

[ QUOTE ]
In his own words "The reason for pushing was simple: he was better than me postflop. When that happens i prefer to play preflop with (15bb) all ins in order to try to double up and offer him a chop again. He knows that if i play this way his edge is no more than 7%."

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know that my edge is no more than 7% [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
I guess he gave me too much credit for having poker knowledge.