Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 11:05 AM

Default How should I handle this situation?

OK. Ill try and make this as short as possible. Last night I allowed a close friend to play on my stars account. I went too bed. I trust this guy with my life. He told me he was gonna single table 1-2 nl. He sat down at 1/2 nl and lost $200. He then sat down at 3/6 no limit and lost another $200. He sits down at 5/10 nl and loses $600. He is now down $1000. He takes $1000 to 10/20 nl and cashes out for $3500. Total session profit was $1500. Now heres the point....if he had lost the $2000 it would have taken him months to pay me. I'm just shocked and really pissed he did this. I just woke up this morning and found his note that he won $1500...and hes asking....can I stop over later today for the money? How do I handle this? Obviously Ill never let him play alone again.....but in addition to that what should I do?
Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: How should I handle this situation?

It sounds like (regardless of how long it would have taken), he would have paid you. So, I pay him.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:16 AM

Should I pay him 100% of the profits?
Should I yell at him or Should i talk to him as a friend should?
or just pay him don't say a word about it being wrong and know never to allow this again.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:24 AM

tell him to make his own account, transfer him the money and change your password. If he is wondering how he will cash it out it's not your problem. Tell him $200 win was one thing but $1500 is a lot of $.

new zoo sticky:
1) don't let someone play on your account because it might not go well
2) if full tilt froze your account don't make a new 2p2 account to try and get your 4 back
Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 AM

He's a friend, pay him. Let him know you woulda kicked his ass if he lost and that he won't be borrowing you acct again. Then tell him it's time to get drunk and he's buying.

This is the fun of being a guy. We don't have to hold grudges when things work out OK...
Old 12-21-2006, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's a friend, pay him. Let him know you woulda kicked his ass if he lost and that he won't be borrowing you acct again. Then tell him it's time to get drunk and he's buying.

This is the fun of being a guy. We don't have to hold grudges when things work out OK...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and then you lose friends over $. If this guy busto'd ur account you'd be really pissed. As much as you trust someone, IMO money changes everything.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:43 AM

I would pay him, not the entire 100% of $1500 though.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:58 AM

My roommate wanted me to let him use my account. Similar situation, trust him with my life, etc..

I made him create an account, and I transfer him $10 whenever he goes busto. There was no way I was going to let someone with no concept of bankroll management loose on my account.

The way your situation played out, I'd have to say it was your error in judgement: Pay him 100%. Make him create his own account, transfer him the funds, and in the future only transfer him what he can afford to give you immediately at the time of transfer from now on.

I'll expect him to need a reload within days (hours) of the transfer if you just transfer the whole amount to him. As a friend, I'd give him the cash so it's a little harder for him to burn through it so quickly.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:30 PM

I find it hard to believe OP did not have an agreement with his friend that made his friend responsible for losses with the idea his friend would get the money he won.Its sounds to be hes trying to use the fact that his friend played higher limits or whatever to give him a reason not to have to pay him.Pay him the money if you agreed to give him the cash he won,just as you would have expected him to pay you the money he lost,if you agreed to that.