FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

If you add flexibility the value has to decrease. The more flexible the option is the more individuals will take advantage of it.

If it was so flexible that every SN could take advantage of the offer then the value would be down to $20/week.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 PM

I agree with everyone that T$ or one $216 ticket / month would be great. There are a lot of options

[ QUOTE ]

Adding more to the budget doesn't change anything. It is still a zero sum situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course adding more to the budget changes things. If it allowed for $50/week in value, whether that was in the form of cash bonuses and/or flexible tourney $s or entries.

You'd be happy with the more equitable solution, and I'd be happy because in 2008 I'd be getting close to the $3k in EV I got in 2007.

I like freerolls, but my decision as to whether to hit Nova again or play elsewhere isn't really affected by form in which the $s/EV comes in. I'm just hoping to receive close the the same amount (i.e., $3,000) out of the Stars SuperNova program (in total value) as last year.

I review my annual earn in $/hour in TOTAL (bonuses, shwag from store, freeroll $s), and decide where to focus my play in large part based on that review. Intangibles play a big part too (customer service, quality of software, which site is "fun", etc.) but knowing my EV of playing at Stars will drop $2,000 might dissuade me from playing there as much / enough for SuperNova next year.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As on the other thread my endorsement for the Sunday Million ticket idea is strong and enthusiastic, I think it's just about the best thing Stars could do

[/ QUOTE ]

And where would the money come from to give everyone a Sunday Million ticket each month?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Adding more to the budget doesn't change anything. It is still a zero sum situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does, if it allowed for $50/week in cash bonuses or flexible tourney $s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. If the option was such that people had the choice between freerolls or an equal bonus then offering the freeroll would make no sense since the individuals getting the freeroll could just buy into any tournament and get the same EV.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As on the other thread my endorsement for the Sunday Million ticket idea is strong and enthusiastic, I think it's just about the best thing Stars could do

[/ QUOTE ]

And where would the money come from to give everyone a Sunday Million ticket each month?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the heart of the problem. Making everyone here happy DOES require more $s spent on Stars part.

I'd also love 12 tickets into the $216 Sunday tourney every year and would be happy to take a small hit in EV for that more flexible option.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the increase in numbers of Supernovas. Again I'm hardly on the inside but I'm virtually certain that at least a value of $215 a month per sn was initially envisaged - certainly in 2006 and also at the start of this year. Plus it really would be a massive marketing draw - way above and beyond the current freerolls.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be one ticket every 3 months. In which case again the cash would be better since people could just save up their $73/month and buy one themselves.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does, if it allowed for $50/week in cash bonuses or flexible tourney $s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. If the option was such that people had the choice between freerolls or an equal bonus then offering the freeroll would make no sense since the individuals getting the freeroll could just buy into any tournament and get the same EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what I was trying to say is that I disagreed with you that increasing the budget doesn't fix anything. If Stars increased the budget and gave everyone $50/week in cash, I'd be happy (and presumably so would you).

This appears to solve all problems, but costs more money.

I disagree with the concept that Stars budget for a SuperNova rewards program is or must be a hard, fixed number. I imagine they would make SuperNovas quite happy by spending more $s on the program next year.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:08 PM

It wouldn't necessarily need to be a Sunday-Million ticket EACH month. It oculd be one every 2nd or 3rd month or something.

Or they give you a ticket to a special SN SNG-satellite.
Type 3 out of 10 receive a ticket to the Sunday million. Note, this would be a ticket and not tourney-dollars so it has to be played and can't be sold.

So you get to play the SN-satellite whenever you want as long as you play at a time when a few other SN's are signing-up.
And if you win the ticket you get to play on the Sunday of your choosing...and can possibly choose to exchange it for a Wednesday night tourney or something instead if Sundays absolutely suck for you every single week.

There are lots of ways of doing it differently and having it be more flexible while maintaining some degree of tourney-excitement level that Stars is trying to give the SN's.

"Win your way to a $100k+ prize FOR FREE just by being a SN" is the type of thing they seem to like to promote.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be one ticket every 3 months. In which case again the cash would be better since people could just save up their $73/month and buy one themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Henry are so consistently certain that the budget is fixed? I don't get that.. Microbob made a good point ages ago that where would it end as per value decreasing as numbers increase - not recognising that seems absurd.