FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: D
Ravens @ NO 3 30.00%
Giants @ TB 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: please read if you are a supernova

TheEye-

Henry is right. We have discussed that with Scotty on these boards before. There are over 1000 SuperNovas that, for whatever reason, can't (or don't) play the freerolls each week. Otherwise the freerolls would be worth much less.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 AM

correct...english is not my first language even though i have obtained more degrees in sh!tty england than you could hope for your kids...awesome wheather...but take notice that this is not an english literature lesson and i can not figure out why you would even comment on my sentencing since you have allready figured that out for yourself and i have brought my ideas forward in an understandble manner for you to digest...(p.s. i wasnt trying to be rude but your beloved king looks like he's got his head up his ... for many centuries now...joke?!maybe not?!)..

subject: the point you are making is clear(never said it wasn't), but you are still neglecting other facts that have been previously discussed and you have made many posts in this thread that the majority of readers are aware of and might not want to go through for the 10th time(but i will spend 2 more minutes trying to end this here).
backing my point(which apparently you don't fully understand): i became sn earlier this year when i decided that in the short-term it is to my financial benefit playing poker than getting a ft job straight away after completing my studies...in my decision making i took into consideration the forementioned fr which would yield app.$100/week at the time($120 for me as i feel i have an edge over some players)...(p.s. cashed much more than that since i have been playing), which i considered to be an extra payday each week especially in the country where i am currently residing...(before the dollars value depreciated to less than what i sh!t every morning)...through time more and more players would enroll in that fr(more satelites?or more sn?) and apparently i was loosing value in what i considered to be part of my income...then these threads started and i accepted the fact when scotty said that the fr was intended to accomodate 1k players hence wcs actual value would be $50/week...now scotty comes back and asks whether sn would prefer getting $70/month instead of the above and i have to strongly disagree for obvious reasons...i hope this message is clear enough to reflect the views of the sn that make up time to play donks and consider them part of their income and i hope ps will act accordingly to reflect everyones interests without taking mine and some others value away...ty
Old 10-03-2007, 08:32 AM

Actually no. It is not clear what you are trying to say. I'm sorry but it just isn't intelligible. And for the record I have completed ~40 years of university in 7.5 calender years and have 8 full degree and 2 abandoned partial degrees so lets not get into a dick measuring contest.

From what I understand you are trying to make 1 of 2 possible arguments

1) That since the number of SNs has increased the value of the $50k has decreased per supernova. This is true. Who cares though? The Freeroll represents less then 1% of the value of being supernova so it is hardly a major issue.

2) That you want the freerolls because for you personally they are a good source of extra income. This is not a valid argument. Personally I think Stars buying me the $2.2M condo I want is a better use of the funds. Arguments from personal self-interest are not relevant.

The process should be pretty simple.

1) Is there a marketing advantage to having the Freerolls over a individual based reward?

2) What does the majority want?

3) Is what the majority wants most equitable to all SNs?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1) That since the number of SNs has increased the value of the $50k has decreased per supernova. This is true. Who cares though? The Freeroll represents less then 1% of the value of being supernova so it is hardly a major issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that it is a major issue for those who factored the $300 + value per month (as it once was) into their decision to play enough at Stars to get to SN status. Whilst I freely admit that represents in absolute numbers a minority I think it does apply to a fairly significant number of players. That being said I agree with you in general that a more equitable solution should be found, but if Stars suggest that the freerolls were designed with 1000 entrants in mind I imagine (and of course I am speculating) that number was itself based on a large proportion of the projected number of SNs entering. The point I continue to make is that with increased numbers of SNs the number spent on the promotion whatever shape that may take should also increase. I can't imagine why this is consistently seen as entirely unreasonable by many on here.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point is that it is a major issue for those who factored the $300 + value per month (as it once was) into their decision to play enough at Stars to get to SN status.

[/ QUOTE ]

The value was only as high as it was for you because others weren't playing and you were taking their equity. This is not Stars' fault.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The point is that it is a major issue for those who factored the $300 + value per month (as it once was) into their decision to play enough at Stars to get to SN status.

[/ QUOTE ]

The value was only as high as it was for you because others weren't playing and you were taking their equity. This is not Stars' fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simple enough though, Stars offers a promotion for getting a set number of VPPs, the number of entrants in the freerolls is clear for all to see in the client, therefore an informed decision could be made as to the expected value of playing enough to get those benefits.

I don't know where Stars got the 1000 player per freeroll estimate from, but I would still assume that they based it on a fairly high proportion of expected SNs playing. Even that calculation allows for $200 per month. Now the numbers of SN at year end or even currently are likely to be higher than Stars initially predicted, but that is not a burden to them, it is a boon, all I am saying is that the value they offer in this particular aspect of the promotion should not be slashed.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:19 PM

I dont like option B, it's giving up to much value, and I actually look forward to playing in the freerolls every week. It's the only donkaments I ever play and after "working" all week, I dont usually play on the weekends so its nice to just wake up on sat morning and sit in front of the comp with my breakfast and donk around in the tournaments. Plus the play is so terrible it's not hard at all to cash in them.

oh, and to the original OP, having the supernovas automatically registered is a TERRIBLE idea.