Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help

Old 07-14-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: new laser mouse

[ QUOTE ]
the MX1000 is the greatest, most comfortable mouse ever created. Best purchase I've ever made for my computer. I will not use anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Logitech's laser mouse and latest optical mice are nice, but i dislike their ergonomics. My hand fits them just fine, but they are designed to be held differently than I normally grip a mouse. That's one of the main reasons I go with the Diamondback, which also happens to look cool and has on-the-fly DPI adjustment.

Regardless of my personal preference, I don't think you can go wrong with either company's top mice.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just bought a logitech laser. it jumps all over the screen randomly sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this sometimes too. It is always a small hair or strand of dust stuck in front of the little "eye".
Old 07-14-2005, 09:47 PM

buster, does the up and down cruise control work for you in the forums. it doesnt for me and does the window swicther on the side work with the forums. if it does maybe i need to reload the software. or what?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:44 PM

i never loaded the software so i've never used the window switcher but cruise control works fine.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it does maybe i need to reload the software. or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had some similar issues dealing with Logitech mice in the past. You probably need to reload Logitech's software.

Here is a link to the latest version of Logitech's software for your mouse. It's for the "XP" version of windows, but you can choose other operating systems on the left of the page if you aren't running XP.
It's usually a good idea to run the latest version of their software.

Link
Old 07-15-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
buster, does the up and down cruise control work for you in the forums. it doesnt for me and does the window swicther on the side work with the forums. if it does maybe i need to reload the software. or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I think you need the logitech's mouseware program so you can define what each button does.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:51 AM

Uhhgg so I actually bought one of these since Staples had a deal on it for $40 (it seemed like a sweet mouse so why not?). Used it for about five minutes and put it back in the packaging. This thing might as well be a fcking brick with a laser and some buttons. I thought the thing was a bit too big (I don't have small hands I'm 6') and ridiculously heavy. Even on a slick plastic mousepad trying to move this around even moderately fast is like driving a fcking boat. Basically I think this mouse pretty much blows unless you have a chrome desk and/or use a 60"+ HDTV as your monitor and you can sit 15-30ft away from it and not worry about the mouse losing signal to its receiver.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:56 PM

I've got MX1000 myself. Logitech, however, has just released a new mouse with all the same great stuff although with slightly less buttons and much lighter:
Edit: I can't make the direct link work so go to http://logitech.com and find G7 .
Old 12-16-2005, 01:14 AM

I just got this. Everything works except the back and forward buttons in Firefox( they work in IE). I feel like there's probably an easy solution for this, but I can't find it.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this. Everything works except the back and forward buttons in Firefox( they work in IE). I feel like there's probably an easy solution for this, but I can't find it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got this working and set the left/right scroll wheel to change tabs in firefox, which is pretty awesome.

Instructions on how to do it are here in rlowens' post at 2/26/2005 02:37 PM.

To edit the file he talks about you need to be go (in My Computer or any exporer window) to Tools - Folder Options - View and make sure the "Hidden files and folders" option is set to "Show hidden files and folders".

Mine seems to be working fine, so if you just want to copy my edited file here is a link to it. Before you click that link, right click the SetPoint (Logitech's mouse software) icon on the system tray and close it. Right click that link, select save as and navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint\user.xml. Again, you must have hidden folders set to be visible to find this foler. Overwrite the existing file and you're good to go. Run "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\KEM.exe" to reload Logitech SetPoint and everything should work.