Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Official Midge \"I hate the USA and also Christians\" Thread

This forum is entirely more readable when Bluff and Boro argue. I could give a [censored] about Midge, let's keep the Bluff/Boro bloodbath going. It's excellent reading and holds my attention for at least 10 minutes, which is 9 minutes more than I can typically read Politics now.

gogogo
Old 11-12-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This forum is entirely more readable when Bluff and Boro argue. I could give a [censored] about Midge, let's keep the Bluff/Boro bloodbath going. It's excellent reading and holds my attention for at least 10 minutes, which is 9 minutes more than I can typically read Politics now.

gogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

DV,

I'm glad you've been entertained. However it now appears that Boro-never-concede-a-point-dog has taken his ball and gone home. I mean he acts like its my fault he doesn't know enough history to spot bad examples in the writings of his mentors.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 PM

So just for the record, bluffthis = not ACist, yet a veteran of this forum?

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge of the history of bluffthis, I guess I started posting here right about when he left or so.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So just for the record, bluffthis = not ACist, yet a veteran of this forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Bluff is a conservative and he's been around this forum since before I registered. This may surprise some, but this forum wasn't always dominated by libertarians. I cut my teeth here sparing with Bluff over the last Israel-Lebanon/Hezbollah war.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
iron,

I thought it would help the flow of this forum if Midge, an Aussie who feels a need to constantly bash the internal politics as well as foreign policy of the USA, along with his 2p2 crusade against Christians, could have one thread in which to do all that when he comes here as a break from wearing out the SMP forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all let me say that the topic is not of my choosing, that I do not hate the USA or christians and reading my threads would make this abundantly clear.

Well, this thread sure has had a lot of views in very little time and many replies, and not all of them antagonistic. It is encouraging.

Since I cannot start a new thread here is the topic of what I would like to raise. Note that it is not anti american neither anti christian.

What is the position of AC vis-a-vis the veterans of wars that at least were nominally to defend property rights, freedom of whatever sound byte suited. In particular I am thinking about those lost or about to be lost wars (Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq) and particularly about the plights of those veterans that have not re-adjusted to society and are marginalized and those that are incapacitated to various degree affecting their earning abilities or turned into real vegetables (yes they do exist).

Does AC think they can turn their back on those gallant men, or should, even an AC society take responsibility for those, or should that be left to the charity innate in ACers to do the right thing. If the latter what are they doing about it now without being forced to do by society or the government they so much think has no such responsibility or authority. OTOH, is this the first step where Acers would agree that a government and mandatory taxation can do the right and obvious thing to do?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:56 AM

For the record, none of those wars you mentioned were fought byh the United States to protect property rights or freedom of United States citizens.

I'm not an ACer, so I'll leave the rest to them, although I'd assume they would respond by saying that if not for government leading men into wars they had no business being in, the government would not have to support said men after said wars are over. They would also note that there are charities that do support veterans, and private citizens do donate to them.

^Just a guess.

And now its bed time :P How far off am I ACers? I don't get ya'll, lol.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And now its bed time :P How far off am I ACers? I don't get ya'll, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good night, Taso. ACers have no answers, they live in Alice in Wonderland world! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, none of those wars you mentioned were fought byh the United States to protect property rights or freedom of United States citizens.

I'm not an ACer, so I'll leave the rest to them, although I'd assume they would respond by saying that if not for government leading men into wars they had no business being in, the government would not have to support said men after said wars are over. They would also note that there are charities that do support veterans, and private citizens do donate to them.

^Just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 in 4 of homeless is veteran

Proved once again that relying on charities somehow doesn't work. It's sad when country can't help more even to those who were willing to risk their lives for the country.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are a much better troll than MidGe, though

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a reminder about the politics forum Constitution:
[ QUOTE ]
The Personal Attack rule will be expanded to include calling other users trolls

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
iron,

I thought it would help the flow of this forum if Midge, an Aussie who feels a need to constantly bash the internal politics as well as foreign policy of the USA, along with his 2p2 crusade against Christians, could have one thread in which to do all that when he comes here as a break from wearing out the SMP forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all let me say that the topic is not of my choosing, that I do not hate the USA or christians and reading my threads would make this abundantly clear.

Well, this thread sure has had a lot of views in very little time and many replies, and not all of them antagonistic. It is encouraging.

Since I cannot start a new thread here is the topic of what I would like to raise. Note that it is not anti american neither anti christian.

What is the position of AC vis-a-vis the veterans of wars that at least were nominally to defend property rights, freedom of whatever sound byte suited. In particular I am thinking about those lost or about to be lost wars (Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iraq) and particularly about the plights of those veterans that have not re-adjusted to society and are marginalized and those that are incapacitated to various degree affecting their earning abilities or turned into real vegetables (yes they do exist).

Does AC think they can turn their back on those gallant men, or should, even an AC society take responsibility for those, or should that be left to the charity innate in ACers to do the right thing. If the latter what are they doing about it now without being forced to do by society or the government they so much think has no such responsibility or authority. OTOH, is this the first step where Acers would agree that a government and mandatory taxation can do the right and obvious thing to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of fallacy in this post is quite breathtaking.

* What makes you think the Korean war was "lost"?

* Are you suggesting that veterans of "lost" wars are given different benefits than those of other wars?

* On what basis can you make an assumption of something as sweeping as a functional AC-like society and still conclude that wars such as Iraq, Vietnam, or Korea would even be undertaken?

* What is particularly compelling about the plight of soldiers? All other people get old, need pensions and medical care too. There's nothing particularly unique about soldiers here. In a free market, these jobs would be filled just like any other; if the offered compensation isn't enough to provide for long-term considerations (retirement etc) then people will tend to ignore those job offers in favor of ones which DO pay enough. Without a culture of patriotic indoctrination and glorification of war, young kids who don't know any better just might be more resistant to the bamboozlement necessary for military staffing in the status quo.

Cliff's notes: it's ridiculous to think that if the state dissolves all of this stuff you're worried about would even be on the table.