Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:23 PM

Default Chart: BB Facing Raise (draft)

I have created a reference chart that suggests various actions for the big blind in response to a single raise. (This is a modification of an Excel spreadsheet written by Matt Mangham.)

To allow flexibility in the big blind's range for defense against a possible steal attempt, there are three "Call" categories: A (yellow), B (green), and C (blue). Adding only Category-A hands to the "Raise" hands will result in a fold-BB-to-steal of 60%; adding A and B: 50% fold; adding A, B, and C: 40% fold.

I am an amateur when it comes to blind defense, so there may be significant flaws with this arrangement. I would appreciate any opinions on which hands should be moved to which categories. Also, against which opponents and in which situations would you use A, A+B, or A+B+C to defend?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Chart: BB Facing Raise (draft)

for starters I'm never folding any pkt pairs for 1SB in the BB after a raise from any position.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Chart: BB Facing Raise (draft)

I would defend with some more unsuited kings, all the way down to K2o depending on the raiser and his position.