Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 AM

Default 3 barrel and pray - the AQ unimproved story, by efficacy

villain 27/19/1.3, 35% WTSD over 600 hands.
edit: SB is 32/22 over 60 hands.

PokerStars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#FF0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 AM

Default Re: 3 barrel and pray - the AQ unimproved story, by efficacy

i think betting the turn against 2 opponents is a mistake here when draws completed. you can just take a free card with your outs.

as played, betting the river is probably close since he might be conviced to fold some weaker pairs.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think betting the turn against 2 opponents is a mistake here when draws completed. you can just take a free card with your outs.

as played, betting the river is probably close since he might be conviced to fold some weaker pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my standard play on the turn at least 90% of the time. I guess this would be the 10% of the time I am mixing it up. That fact that I did bet the flop and turn into two opponents is the main reason I barreled off, since my line looks really strong the entire hand.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:38 AM

just check the river behind
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my standard play on the turn at least 90% of the time. I guess this would be the 10% of the time I am mixing it up. That fact that I did bet the flop and turn into two opponents is the main reason I barreled off, since my line looks really strong the entire hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop is bad imo. You don't have the best hand for sure and there is a c/r very often. Moreover a turn 3 way is better if you hit your GS.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting the flop is bad imo. You don't have the best hand for sure and there is a c/r very often. Moreover a turn 3 way is better if you hit your GS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always c-bet when I cap PF

If I check here everyone will know what I have.

With the K out there I have good FE vs low pps and might get it HU vs another AQ or QT or whatever

I do check the turn tho. Hero has 10 outs pretty often given the action but that turn killed his FE - if it wasnt dead already.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once two people call the flop, I think you should be checking the turn 100% of the time. This is not the kind of spot where you mix strategies.

Given that you did bet the turn and over-represent your hand I can buy your argument for betting the river, however I think it's a weak argument becuz you dont have any real reads. For instance, if you had some kind of evidence that the river villain would fold Jx to your river bet given your line, then I would like your river bet. I dont see this wonderful event happening. In fact, based on the guy's stats alone, it looks like he can still have Kx here since he's not that aggressive. Also, as far as getting him to fold a hand like a straight draw that paired the 9 card, I dont think it's worth it becuz given the preflop action I dont think the villalin will have 9x often enough to for this approach to be profitable.