Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-21-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Mayweather v. Hatton (9/12/07)

Hatton- 2.1/1

Mayweather- 4/7

While i've been cleaning up on the big fall fights this if a fight i am really on the fence on.

I'm preatty sure this fight will be dull as mollasses. Mayweather will stay away, and when Hatton gets close he'll clinch. However i really believe that Hatton's profeciency at fighting inside will give Mayweather fits.

The major problem i have with betting on Hatton, is that the fight is taking place at welterweight. Hatton has only 1 previous fight at 147 (a close unanimous decision vs. Luis Collazo), and I'm not sure how his power translates to the higher weight class, and i believe that Hatton has to stop Mayweather to beat him. With Mayweather's style he will just pile up too many points for Hatton's more powerful shots to have as big an effect on the judges.

Any Thoughts>?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Mayweather v. Hatton (9/12/07)

[ QUOTE ]
Mayweather- 4/7

[/ QUOTE ]

Where on earth did you find Mayweather 4/7? If you can really get those odds then bet a zillion dollars on Mayweather. I myself am on Mayweather -220 (2.2u to win 1u).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm preatty sure this fight will be dull as mollasses. Mayweather will stay away, and when Hatton gets close he'll clinch. However i really believe that Hatton's profeciency at fighting inside will give Mayweather fits.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think Hatton will be able to GET inside?

The fight is on December 8th, not 9th.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where on earth did you find Mayweather 4/7?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayweather's 1.56 on Betfair, which is about that.

More interested on what people think a fair line would be for Mayweather to win on points, it's floating around +130 on the exchanges, I'll be watching the fight but have no idea how to cap the thing
Old 11-26-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see this at the moment, but isn't it like -246 on Pinnacle? What's going on here? How can the numbers be so different?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see this at the moment, but isn't it like -246 on Pinnacle? What's going on here? How can the numbers be so different?

[/ QUOTE ]

-231 on Pinny actually. I guess Betfair's different because there's lots of squares betting Hatton over here (and maybe vice versa)
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Mayweather wins unanimously.

115-113
116-112
115-113

And all the fans will be pissed because Hatton will have pressed the fight, landed the much bigger shots, and chased Mayweather the entire time.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:59 PM

Anyone else have any good info on this fight? I am considering putting a large bet on maywether if I can find it at -225 in vegas. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:53 AM

There will be a lot of crow-eating after this fight. This nonsense always happens in Mayweather fights, people build up the opponent and find all sorts of dumb reasons to favor them. Mayweather is going to completely stomp and humiliate Hatton. The media has to convey the image that the humble white guy can beat the arrogant black guy. This is Holmes/Cooney at 147.

I got it at -210 Matchbook, there are UK books as low as -175! That's criminal. Im betting around 50% of my roll, no hedge. If I lose, Im done with betting for a year and can offer no boxing analysis.

I offered this write-up in the poker forum (I had received help and gave this easy recommendation for non-boxing fans as a thanks), and was accused of trying to trick people into betting for Mayweather, to improve my Hatton lines! Everybody has gone completely insane. Hatton will be slaughtered and Im accused of conspiracy for pointing out the obvious.

Ive grown concerned that these lines are a trap, that there is something fishy behind the scenes. Like a set match for DLH/Hatton in the UK on the condition Ricky wins, or even Mayweather purposely coasting to create a UK rematch.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:57 AM

If youer only going to make a small bet, Id actually take MayKO, I got it at +425, but a UK book might have it higher.

I don't like the distance or over/under bets, Hatton is easy to hit, can cut, and doesn't have the chin of Baldomir.

This depends heavily on how Mayweather's hands hold up.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There will be a lot of crow-eating after this fight. This nonsense always happens in Mayweather fights, people build up the opponent and find all sorts of dumb reasons to favor them. Mayweather is going to completely stomp and humiliate Hatton. The media has to convey the image that the humble white guy can beat the arrogant black guy. This is Holmes/Cooney at 147.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pavlik taking the title from Taylor may also still be in people's minds as far as the humble and undefeated white guy goes.