Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM

Default ***ROCKETS 07-08***

I'm really excited for this season... I love the scola signing, and love the francis signing (tho I don't think it's a HUDGE impact), bonzi should be pretty good as well

They have a ridiculous amount of depth at PG and would imagine they're going to make some moves mid season...

I really feel like they could make a deal with the cavs for verajo... he would be great coming off the bench and they need a PG and we could basically let them choose from our LOT of them

If they make the right tweaks during the year,they have the potential to be the best team... as of now I feel like they are definately TOP 5 in the leauge [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: ***ROCKETS 07-08***

I'm a Rockets fan (second, after the Mavs...grew up in Houston, but lived in Dallas for 10 years)...I say they need to win a playoff series before anyone should start talking about them being the best team. Yes, there's lots of talent, but that talent has seriously underperformed up to now. Interesting to see how the coaching change will impact the dynamic of the team.

And yes, there's lots of DEPTH at PG, but not any one guy that I trust to effectively run that team right now (Francis may well be able to rebound, but we'll see -- Mike James is great defensively -- Rafer Alston, meh). Somebody has to step up and be the man there, and even with the Scola move, they are comparatively weak at the 4.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:01 PM

they are weak at the 4... but they have alot of depth at PG to make a trade for a defensive minded PF...

Are you sure mike james is good at defense? (no sarcasm, just reallynot that sure)

Francis should be great off the bench, especially when T-Mac needs a break, he can be a good perimiter scorer in limited minutes i'm sure

what PF's are available for trade... Verajo seems like he should be the main target... is there anyone else similar to him available?

right now they're a really good team, they need a little tweaking and they have the personel to do it I believe
Old 10-23-2007, 08:32 PM

onlinebeginner! One of my favorite things about the NBA season is being able to interact with you more frequently. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I don't know how the Rockets get more than 50-52 wins in that division, i.e. 4th-5th seed and having to face probably two of the SA/Dallas/PHX trifecta in the playoffs. That's a pretty bad beat. I wonder what the o/u is on wins for them this year at most sites.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 PM

They look different in preseason, w/ yao playing divac/webber's part in the offense. I think they're a lock as a top4 team, and i'd say they'll win 57 games. Most importantly they'll be enjoyable to watch.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 PM

big rockets fan here too ! Last year hurt me. But I'm excited about the new coach and Francis being a depth guy at PG for us. I hope we do move some of that PG talent, because obviously we can't use 5 NBA ready guys, lol.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
onlinebeginner! One of my favorite things about the NBA season is being able to interact with you more frequently. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I don't know how the Rockets get more than 50-52 wins in that division, i.e. 4th-5th seed and having to face probably two of the SA/Dallas/PHX trifecta in the playoffs. That's a pretty bad beat. I wonder what the o/u is on wins for them this year at most sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a bad beat for one of the trifecta teams to play them as well... and with a few minor tweaks I think they can be better than those teams
Old 10-24-2007, 12:48 PM

I am a little off, I think. I went to a futures site this morning and these are the offerings for o/u on wins this season:

Dallas 56.5
Phoenix 56
San Antonio 55.5
Houston 54

I still think Houston is a bit high there but not enough to where I'm gonna bet on it. Maybe if they stay healthy for a year they can win 60, but I still think it's too tough of a division and conference to pull that off. Although I think Hollinger projected them to win the most games of anyone, but he is dumb.

EDIT: they are also 9/2 to win the WC, which surprised me for how low it was. The big three were all around 2/1.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I think Hollinger projected them to win the most games of anyone, but he is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

ban
Old 10-24-2007, 07:04 PM

Stevie Franchise = cancer. Why oh why did they bring back this clown?