Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:23 AM

Default BIG DRAWS missing! call river?? 1/2 PLO8 on stars

playing moderatly laggy as i normally do, villian is a good solid player, however i have made two bluffs on him in $100 pots and showed, so its very possible he is aggitated.

my stack is $438, he has about $300 blinds are $1/$2 and its 6max

my hand is Ac 2c 5d kh

i raise pot to $7 utg villian calls and BB calls, making the pot $22

flop comes 3c jc 4d i bet $18(that being my lucky number and all) villian calls, BB folds.

Turn comes King, giving me top pair with my low wrap and NFD, i bet $50, villian takes his time, pressing the time button.... and calls.

river brings a repeat 4... i check, villian INSTANTLY bets pot???

i put him on a decent low draw, maybe with the jack and this bet just screams BLUFF BLUFF BLUFF to me as he could have raised a set earlier and i honestly believe that he would check behind anything worse then trips, which given the range of hands he could have, even though i dont know the maths seems unlikly..right...so i called

comments on all streets appreciated, especially on the river call.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: BIG DRAWS missing! call river?? 1/2 PLO8 on stars

I would bet the river, and even consider putting a blocker bet.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 AM

you definitely need to weigh in that he could be in there with A24x, a stubborn 2 pair that boated, or any random combination.

sometimes it's good to call here for information and to make sure you don't get run over... both to make better future decisions. calling 100% against a good player would be a huge leak though.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:17 AM

I would probably have bet a little less on the turn.. something like 40.. I don't see 50 folding out any hands that 40 isn't going to. Then I would probably also block the river for about 55. I'd expect to get looked up if he has a K though sice you have been bluffing. I don't show bluffs though. This being the case, I'm not so sure about a river bet then.. hmmm..
Old 10-19-2007, 02:27 AM

my only concern with a blocker bet was that i do think this guy is a very decent player, and hence i have no doubt that he notices that when i bet i almost always bet the same amount, approx 80%-100% of the pot. So if i chucked out a blocker bet there is a very fair chance that he might have seen it for one and raised with air. Against a fish, i almost definatly would have sent out a blocker bet.

Another thing was that given that i have showed a few bluffs earlier against him, i thought that by checking, i might either get a free show down, or even induce a bluff.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:08 AM

Oh I thought you had AJ.. you have AK, that makes a call a lot easier. I hate calling pot with your hand though. Always betting almost full pot is going to put you in some situations like this though, you don't have to be blocking when you put in a smallish bet on the river you could be value betting.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 AM

Only comments for river

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing was that given that i have showed a few bluffs earlier against him, i thought that by checking, i might either get a free show down, or even induce a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good way to think. Also by checking you lose the minium and win the max (because your calling!). If you had no history and guy is playing good solid game, you can also check-fold.

If you dont call here, you have no reason to show your bluffs.

Blocker bet in my opinion is out of question, with the history of you two at the table. The guy might think this is a good spot for him to represent the 4 and get all the bluffs back. But if you had a full-house that would change things. Then you could also do the "blocker bet"-bluff, to make him raise to get the most value out of it when he has nothing.

CALL. It's just unlucky if he hit the 4.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:31 AM

call. this is missed LD to often
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 PM

pretty standard, seems fine.

gazz, do you by an chance used to play ROYAL HE on UB under the same s/n?

this is nh_ty
Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 PM

tuttufin, yeah my thinking was almost exactly like what u said... a small blocker bet would have been just toooo tempting for him to try going over the top with, given our history, and my playing style in general..

StavrosT..... yes that was me on UB those times.. i used to loooove that game it was just such a fish fest... i was making like 5-6 bets per 100 hands over 25000 hands, in the short space it was going there... god i wish some of the big sites would bring it in..