Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 06:51 AM

Default Party $0.5/1 6 Max vs Full Tilt $0.5/1 6 Max, which is best?

Just started playing $.5/1 I had been playing $.25/50 only played about 3k hands but managed around 3BB/100 very small sample I know but I've decided to move up to .5/1 anyway, and yep I am bankrolled for it. Was just trying to learn 6-max before stepping up. I imagine the difference between the two limits is minimal anyway but that's another story..

And hence my question anyone who plays these limits. I'd like to know which site seems to have the softer tables. I know there is a US ban on party but I don't know whether tilt allowing US players would make the tables any softer or harder?

Just played 1k hands at party and it seems pretty soft. Although I'm running red hot (10BB/100) so my stats will be way off. Haven't tried tilt .5/1 yet. Although the 3k hands I mentioned above were played there and the tables seemed quite alright.

Any regulars care to let me in on the best site to begin my poker journey! I hope I've posted this in the correct section, I did try & look around first.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Party $0.5/1 6 Max vs Full Tilt $0.5/1 6 Max, which is best?

I think that the Fulltilt tables are "tougher", although these limits are never really tough. Itīs just a lot of variance...donkīs over donkīs, that can drive you crazy, especially if your aces get cracked for the fourth time in a row by something like 36o and so on...;-)
but these things probably happen at any limit again and again...
Old 11-17-2007, 01:46 AM

I've played 1/2 on both sites and party is much much softer. Rakeback and bonus can make up for it on tilt though. Also remember that depending on when you play there is a difference, party is almost always soft whereas on tilt it can vary.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:12 AM

.5/1 is pretty darn soft at ftp...probably not as soft as party is or at least was.

If you have rakeback at ftp it helps a lot though.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:17 AM

I have almost never played in those games but in case you don't know FTP's rake is way lower than party's and rake is a factor for your winrate and variance.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I signed up to Full Tilt and didn't use a rakeback link (got free stoxpoker instead) I'll try to see if I can get added to 2+2's rakeback program some how, I've heard sometimes they let you in.

Party does seem pretty soft I have to keep telling myself not to throw away to many hands. My WTSD % is damn low 29%, just cracked 2k hands managing 1.1BB/100 now a huge swing from the 10BB/100 after 1k hands. I guess the softer the game is the higher the variance but greater profit in the long run? I'll do a stats post when I get to 10k.

Still to try Tilt's .5/1 games as I seem to have trouble connecting to their server, party however works fine. Strange.

Didn't actually know Party's rake was higher so thanks for the headsup.

Hope I can give something back to the forums in the near future.

Thanks.