Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 08-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: critique a low limit razz hand

I would have re-raised him on 3rd. Check-call on 7th
Old 08-06-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is pretty strong on 3rd, and I would probably jam, but most people here would disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify why some might disagree...

It's not clear that you're a favorite. Three cards to a wheel, but of the eight other wheel cards that can help you, three of them are already dead (to you). If you give your opponent credit for any three-card 7, you're a 50.5% - 49.5% equity favorite.

IMHO, the information that you would give away by reraising here is not worth the tiny equity advantage that you might have. By not letting your opponent know how strong your hole cards are now, you may be able to extract an extra big bet or two on the later streets.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reraise on the river is pretty bad. When you get raised, you are probably beat.

Your hand is pretty strong on 3rd, and I would probably limp/raise , but most people here would disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 08-06-2007, 04:27 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is pretty strong on 3rd, and I would probably limp/raise , but most people here would disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, if I were in seat 2 or 3 knowing that a player behind you with one of the good door cards would complete. I would want to trap someone in between for 1.5 bets.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Why not reraise on 3rd? You are HU with the nuts. Is it because of the 4s and the 2 that are out?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM

I had thought about jamming on 3rd. I decided against it because of the dead cards.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think so. I think we can assume Seat 5 has some good hole cards, what with the raising the completion. By 5th:

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Hero: 5 A 3 7 8___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 4 Q 8___calls

So what's he calling on? Probably something like 8642, the best Hero can have is a made 87 which Seat 5 can see, so he's drawing to a better hand. So on 6th:

6th Street - (5.90 BB)

Hero: 5 A 3 7 8 2___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 4 Q 8 A___raises___calls

Now Seat 5 has made his hand - Hero sucked out with that 2 making a 7 instead of an 8. And, I presume, won the hand. But I don't think Seat 5 was that far behind on 5th. Hero pairs or picks up a 6 or better on 7th and he's toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Hero suck out here again? Hero could not be anthing but ahead here. Even if you put villian on A24 hero is 65-35 on 5th street and that came down from 70-30 on 4th street. 6th street would have completely sunk him if you put him on A24. If you give him 234 hero is still 60-40 fav on 5th street. Not exactly what one would call sucking out. Villian actually had either 354 or 654 cannot tell for sure because site suffles hole cards. Giving villian the best possible hand Hero is still a clear favorite. I also think that you are forgetting that Hero has a better made hand as well as the chance to improve as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice when the luck fairy squats on your cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is nice when the luck fairy squats on your cards. However you will have to ask the villian how that feels. As all the luck fairy did on my cards was take a steaming dump.

Showdown
Villian:shows [6c 5c 4d Qc 8h Ac 3c] 6,5,4,3,A

Hero:mucked [Th 5d 3h 7c 8c 2h Ah] - 7,5,3,2,A

remember site shuffles hole cards.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How did Hero suck out here again? Hero could not be anthing but ahead here. Even if you put villian on A24 hero is 65-35 on 5th street and that came down from 70-30 on 4th street. 6th street would have completely sunk him if you put him on A24. If you give him 234 hero is still 60-40 fav on 5th street. Not exactly what one would call sucking out. Villian actually had either 354 or 654 cannot tell for sure because site suffles hole cards. Giving villian the best possible hand Hero is still a clear favorite. I also think that you are forgetting that Hero has a better made hand as well as the chance to improve as well.

Yes it is nice when the luck fairy squats on your cards. However you will have to ask the villian how that feels. As all the luck fairy did on my cards was take a steaming dump.

Showdown
Villian:shows [6c 5c 4d Qc 8h Ac 3c] 6,5,4,3,A

Hero:mucked [Th 5d 3h 7c 8c 2h Ah] - 7,5,3,2,A

remember site shuffles hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about the loss - looks like you both hit a dream card on the river. Only his was dreamier. Look, all I was saying was - if I had 4 to a 8-less-then-seven hand when I'm sure my opponent has 87, I'm going to the river.

This is just one of those crappy hands that someone is going to lose a lot of money on. It's easy to say in hindsight "Hero should have slowed down" at some point. But then if Hero does slow down and win, then they say, "You missed a bet."

I just always assume my 87s are beaten (unless I have board lock) and play them with extreme caution. But that's just my way - your mileage may vary.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:37 AM

I agree with mackthefork: on 6th, he can see, that you have a 7, while it's obvious, that he only has an 8. So he was probably raising a draw and therefore he should have 2-3 in the hole, otherwise he can't be sure to draw to the nuts. So he has 11 outs (4x5 in his view, 4x6, 3x7) which is 1:3,36=29,7% to make his hand. As he invested 2 BB after your raise on 6th, he got 6.9:2, which is about the odds he needs, not counting implied odds. On 7th I also would prefer just calling, as you don't know, wether he hit his outs or not.
You could have reraised on 3rd street, which should keep him a little calmer on later streets.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM

I probably just call his raise on the river, but if he's goofy enough to cap sixth, maybe he's goofy enough to cap the river with a worse hand than yours.