Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

This might be a dumb question, but since it says the seats are transferable, does it mean that I would have to sell the seat to someone else if I can't play? Or could you simply accept the cash for the seat.

I just wish they would keep the extra $10K in the pot. For those that want to win a seat to the main event, there are the $550 mega satelites.

And no, I haven't seen the structure either.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:12 PM

I think the $10K withheld for the winner to have a seat in the ME is standard for WPT events. I'm not even sure that the seat was always transferable. I also wish they would just leave the $10K in the prize pool.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:42 PM

IMO people over-stress the impact of structure. Regular structure, fine. Irregular structure, that's fine too, because I think I can adapt to any structure irregularities better than my opponents do. There are a lot of other factors I'm more interested in when picking and choosing where to play. Such as rake and other expenses, location, softness of fields, and the biggest of all for me, variety in preliminary events.

This is where this festival falls short, because it's all full table no limit. Not for me thanks. If you don't mind this though, I can assure you that Johnny runs a great tournament.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Just realized another thing. That the prelim events aren't 1 day events. They are all two day events. So now this means that if I'm flying in on Saturday and flying out tuesday, I can only possibly play in one event. If I make the 2nd day of the Sat event, it will be late to play in the sunday event. And since I'm flying out tuesday night, I cant even play in the monday event (incase i make the 2nd day...i would miss my flight). I just called the Beau Poker room to ask about this, and they stated that play will stop on the first day at either 9 people (the final table) or at 2am [whichever comes first]. I asked, what if the final table is set like at 8pm or something. They said it doesn't matter, play will still stop as soon as we're down to the final 9 or 2am, whichever comes first. Kind of bummed out about this, b/c this means if I do well in the Saturday tourney...I can't play in the sunday or monday tourney.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just realized another thing. That the prelim events aren't 1 day events. They are all two day events. So now this means that if I'm flying in on Saturday and flying out tuesday, I can only possibly play in one event. If I make the 2nd day of the Sat event, it will be late to play in the sunday event.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good problem to have.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Are there online satellites to this event?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM

lol..i hear you. But even if I did well in the first event, I would have still liked to play in one more event. That is why I was going from Sat - Tues. :-)
Old 07-18-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there online satellites to this event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not direct sats but ftp's winners choice could be used.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:46 PM

Bump for structure report. anyone know?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:39 PM

For anyone that plays there, what games and limits do they spread and is the play pretty soft over there?