Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

I have a room for Friday night the 31st with double queen beds, I am going to be down Wed-Fri but my buddy who is coming has to leave Friday so I got a spot for someone for one night. If you want a shot at it just send me a PM to work something out, checkout time is 11A Saturday and I can meet up with you to let you in to the room at a reasonable time Friday morning, like once I have slept off my hangover!
Old 08-18-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

Does anyone know (who has experience (IE: lives in the area) in these kinds of things) if there is a Danger from Hurricane Dean hitting the area during this event (or just prior)?

Right now they are predicting Dean to be a Cat 5 Hurricane (link 1 and link 2 and link 3 ) by the time it hits the Gulf. Does anyone who is in the area know how long normally it takes for a storm (like this one) to get there and pass over the area?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:20 AM

As someone who has lived in the area all his life, there's always that danger. Hurricane forecasting is even more than poker a game of imperfect information. As of right now, though, the projected path looks like it's going to give a pass and Biloxi will probably see some rain, but not Katrina part II. Another relatively positive thing is that it's moving pretty fast, so it's harder for it to build speed. With it's current table image, it should make landfall by Thursday of next week. If it changes gears, though, and slows down, all bets are off.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Cincy,
Go to link 2 in your post and look at the 5-day cone. It looks like it will be well south of the gulf coast. The National Hurricane Center looks at the surrounding weather (high Ps, low Ps, etc) to predict where it will go and they usually do a pretty good job (actually, usually excellent). The farther out they project...the more error (that's why it's a 5-day cone).

It also looks like the timing will be OK as Dean should be well west of the gulf coast, if not completely dissipated, by Labor Day weekend. But they have been known to do a loopty-loop and other strange things.

I fled Florida to Biloxi a couple years ago on Labor Day weekend when Francis was bearing down on us. It was a choice of having a great weekend of live poker or sitting in my house with no power/TV/AC while Francis stalled just offshore and basically ruined everybody's long weekend.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 PM

Looks like I wont be able to make my dates at the Beau do to something coming up. I have three days Wed-Friday reserved at 70/70/90. I couldn't get Sat as that was full when I booked. If you want any of these dates let me know and we can work something out just shoot me a PM. Even if you don't want say Wed we can xfer it to your name and you can just drop Wed from the reservation.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 PM

I have a room booked (non-smoking, 2 queen sized beds) at the Beau Rivage with a check-in of Sept 3 (Mon) and a check-out of Sept 8 (Sat). I'm not going to be able to make the trip now and wanted to see if there was interest in the room before I canceled my confirmation number. The room is at the special rate ($70 for Mon, Tue, Wed and Thur; $90 for Fri and Sat).

PM with interest/offers and have a Stars account or the ability to transfer money on Stars.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:44 PM

If anyone else has a change of plans and can't make the trip to Beau Rivage, I'm looking for a room from between Wednesday, August 29 through Monday, September 3rd or any combination of days within that span. PM me if you are looking to get a reservation off your hands.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has any suggestions that would allow me to accomodate these players (given our space and time constraints) I will be more than willing to listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get more space to play
or
Have 2 day 1's
or
Cap the number of entrys
or
Use alternates, giving preference to those who signed up first

11 handed is just horrendous

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's only 30 minutes to an hour why can't you suck it up? Or maybe come late?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Going to Biloxi Aug. 29-Sep 10 to pick up the loose change on cash tables, coming from Tampa. Anyone want to split a room or ride up there should PM. Didnt book a room in advance at Beau like a [censored].

Anyone know the rake schedules at $2/5 NL and higher at Beau?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to Biloxi Aug. 29-Sep 10 to pick up the loose change on cash tables, coming from Tampa. Anyone want to split a room or ride up there should PM. Didnt book a room in advance at Beau like a [censored].

Anyone know the rake schedules at $2/5 NL and higher at Beau?

[/ QUOTE ]

$6 timed rake every 30 minute dealer shift for all NL games at the Beau.