Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Gulf Coast Poker Championship (WPT)

Guys, its less about greed than about making the players happy. If we have seating for 810(10 handed) and have 300 people that have booked rooms, paid airfare, and came to our event willing to pay 300 or 500 bucks to play, I think the lesser of 2 evils is to play 11 handed for 30 minutes to an hour. I understand all the arguments against it, and I sympathize. I also feel strongly that we should do our best to accomodate every player who is willing to pay the entry fee. If anyone has any suggestions that would allow me to accomodate these players (given our space and time constraints) I will be more than willing to listen.

JG
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 AM

BTW,
FWIW I personally feel that 10 handed and nine handed should be illegal. Poker was originally designed to be a game that was a maximum 6 handed or seven handed game. Look at the past WSOP schedules and see who introduced 6 handed play, that became a staple of many major events nowdays......

JG
Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 AM

You will be able to register that Sunday morning when you arrive. If you register befor 9 AM you will definitely get a seat, after that, you may or may not be an alternate...Poker players as a rule will try to get there at the last minute. 2/3 of the field will register in the 3 hours before the event.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM

Johnny, I agree with BlueMan, plus if ppl know that the seats are indeed limited, they would be more willing to sign up for them further in advance.

Allow for players who are flying in (actually all players who want to do so), to pre-register, and in states where it's allowed (Indiana is one of them that I know of), allow them to purchase their seats in advance via Credit card over the phone. In states where this isn't allowed by the local gaming commission, allow for pre-registration over the phone, where people can send a cashiers check, or can wire the money to the cage to buy their seats in advance.

This will also allow your team as well, to get a feel on how many people are actually interested in your event, much further in advance than you currently do, and allow for better planning (aka more dealers and tables) on your end.

Plus, it might hamstring the WSOP people when they announce their schedule at the last minute (like they did this time), because I know as a player, if I've already paid for my buyin in advance, I've got money invested, so I'm going to attend your event over theirs, because I've already paid.

Doing 11 handed just sucks wind, an isn't fair to those who made their choice to play in your event, based on at the very worst, playing at a 10 handed table.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:24 PM

11 handed poker is insane. I was going to make the trip...but not anymore.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM

anyone know which sites if any are running sats to this?
Old 08-11-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know which sites if any are running sats to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend told me Full Tilt Poker is but I don't have an account there and can't verify.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:26 PM

For anyone that is going to be there and play in the Friday Aug. 31st event and the Saturday Sept. 1 event., I will accept prop bets on finishing order, or any other kind of prop. We can make it for as much or little as you want or we could make it for shots at the club later as I will be making it rain on the dance floor. Let me know. The Beau is gonna be off the chain for that entire weekend.