Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:09 AM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

super brag

i ran hot as the sun tonight: 9 racks in 9 hours,

AA good in 4/5 pots and all had 4+ ppl and 4+ bets pre

i won 2 pots of over 1k with A-high in 4 way action

i was able to c/r 3 streets on one hand

i hit 4 gut shots in multiway pots

i got 3 bet by a rock on QJT4 board in 4 way action, and did not have to chop my AK
Old 11-03-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
super brag

i ran hot as the sun tonight: 9 racks in 9 hours,

AA good in 4/5 pots and all had 4+ ppl and 4+ bets pre

i won 2 pots of over 1k with A-high in 4 way action

i was able to c/r 3 streets on one hand

i hit 4 gut shots in multiway pots

i got 3 bet by a rock on QJT4 board in 4 way action, and did not have to chop my AK

[/ QUOTE ]

how old are you... you cant be all that good at the pokerz... the 30 game at the park is a joke

- john
Old 11-03-2007, 12:02 PM

24, run hot as sun > good at pokerz, agree
Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 PM

I unfortunately am missing the awsome games that run at Commerce during donkament time. I was lucky enough to get 2 hours in as I was passing by Commerce last night and might get a few hours in Thursday night, but thats it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Anyway, I had about ten posts of awesome stories from that two hours but deceided instead to do a brief summary:

Sat down at new $20-40 LHE table so nit filled that 5 players were arguing about who was higher on the board so they could choose seats.

Thankfully was quickly moved to super awesome table featuring a donkey tournament player who thought he was really good and The Mongoose, whom I love and adore even if he did send off from my table once with "Y'all can kiss my black ass".

Any table The Mongoose(refers to himself in the third person) is at is guaranteed to be super awesome. When he runs bad, he spews chips like no other. When he runs good, he is super awesome at tilting entire tables. He can rake pot after pot from me with 26 for all I care. He is awesome.

Tournament donkey berates The Mongoose for playing said 26o. I empathize with The Mongoose but do not interject into the conversation as clearly The Mongoose is a grown man and can handle himself. His final statement of the conversation is "The Mongoose kills cobras".

Said tournament donkey proceeds to win the min against my A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on an all heart flop where he flops the flush with 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], played UTG 2 hands after berating The Mongoose, by failing to c/r me on any street and instead taking the horrible awful line of c/c, donk, donk.

Cindy Violette smiled at me. I need me some milf.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:46 PM

quick question

how many full BB mistakes can you make in a typical CA mid-stakes game per hour and still be a decent winner. e.g. you play solid poker most the time but then make a few stupid mistakes that are almost a full BB mistake.

Maybe my question answers itself. If great player who can win 1 BB per hour, then a good player who makes a "Full BB Mistakes" every other hour would only be a .5 BB per hour winner. (assuming they played the same otherwise)
Is this correct?
Old 11-03-2007, 08:08 PM

Most mistakes are a fraction of a BB/100. It's not like every time you miss a value bet you lose 1BB/100 because 1) That situation probably does not come up every once every hundred hands and 2) You aren't always ahead or behind the times you are called. It's fractional.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quick question

how many full BB mistakes can you make in a typical CA mid-stakes game per hour and still be a decent winner. e.g. you play solid poker most the time but then make a few stupid mistakes that are almost a full BB mistake.

Maybe my question answers itself. If great player who can win 1 BB per hour, then a good player who makes a "Full BB Mistakes" every other hour would only be a .5 BB per hour winner. (assuming they played the same otherwise)
Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your reasoning is basically right, but your assumption that the most a great player can win in these midstakes games is 1bb hour is wrong I think.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:59 PM

Understood. I just made about 5 full BB mistakes (not the fractional ones, the kind where I was behind 98% of the time) in a 10 hour session. Trying to feel sorry for myself and decide if I should quit poker.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:01 AM

I've never had my own graph before. This is since the start of the weekend. I'm hoping to have a +$6,000 month. I'm playing 10/20 Limit (live), usually about 4 hours a day. Is this a realistic goal?

Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 AM

not realistic goal imo, possible but not plausible... 2.5bb/hr is sick hot for live cards... i'd try 3k or 4k for the month if you are playing 100-150 hrs, but i also think monetary goals are incorrect measure with variance and such - gluck though
Closed Thread