Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Absolute Poker Alert

Maybe this has been noted here before but it seems important enough not to miss. Looks like Absolute Poker is the first big site to be shown to be rigged. Well that is just an opinion but check it out for yourself:

http://tinyurl.com/37ewbe

Some pretty strong detective work by your fellow 2+2ers. This makes Absolute's Razz hand ranking snafu seem boring.

Patty
Old 10-15-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Alert

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this has been noted here before but it seems important enough not to miss. Looks like Absolute Poker is the first big site to be shown to be rigged. Well that is just an opinion but check it out for yourself:

http://tinyurl.com/37ewbe

Some pretty strong detective work by your fellow 2+2ers. This makes Absolute's Razz hand ranking snafu seem boring.

Patty

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, this post makes it sound like something that broke a month ago is just now making it to the razz forum. But actually some new stuff happened and I read most of the ~500 threads so here are some cliffs notes:

1. Some guy (Potripper) won the $1k on absolute basically seeing everyone's hole cards after maybe a 5-10 minute delay at the start of the tourney.
2. The runner-up got pissed when T-high beat his A/I w/ a 9 high flush draw and requested an HH from AP.
3. AP (accidentally?) sent him some sort of master HH w/ EVERYONE's hole cards showing, ip addresses and e-mails, other stuff maybe?
4. Some people put it into an excel file and looked at it.
5. They came up w/ some ip addresses, e-mails, and real names (adanthar was actually involved w/ this).
6. Someone w/ account number 363 on AP (created very early on) arrives at the table watching and stays there for the whole time. This IP address is from Costa Rica and is (similar/identical?) to the Potripper guy.
6a. This guy is probably telling potripper what to do and/or maybe potripper himself.
7. This is pretty strong evidence AP is cheating internally or someone w/in AP is cheating w/ the superuser account (363).
8. I scoop a 37BB pot in razz so I lose my train of thought here.
9. Everyone loves the people who found this out whose names I can't remember. I know adanthar and nat who owns part of bluff helped a lot.
10.Superuser 363 T-Shirt
11. Some graph w/ BB/100 and VPIP was displayed w/ someone at like 90% and was supposedly 15 STDEV out from 0. That's like one in eleventy billion.
12. AP has not issued a statement or anything yet.
13. Traffic on AP has not substantially declined since this stuff has been happening.
14. GG Absolute Poker?
????????
15. Profit (by not playing at Absolute Poker)

-ChipsAhoya
Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 PM

^^sounds about right accept for number 14.

nothing's gonna happen to absolute as long as they deny the claims. What can anybody do, online gaming has no real enforced regulations.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:57 PM

If you play on absolute you're either retarded or haven't heard the full/complete story.

AP is disgusting...die in a grease fire.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the update. I saw a bunch of stuff going on but didnt want to sift through it since I dont play there.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 AM

So this is why they were giving out free seats to that prestigious event.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04 AM

A while ago I was going to ask about the LOW-ANTE stud games on AP. I decided not to as I'd probably look like an idiot considering what's been going on over there.

In the meantime, I guess I'll stick with the high-ante roller-coaster rides.

Note: I've been desperately trying to get my $$ out of AP. Hasn't arrived yet but I'm hoping soon!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 PM

ChipsAhoya is very correct. Very nice cliff notes - and yah, this is pretty old news.

Also, plenty of people still play at Absolute, and honestly how ante stud games have like a 0% chance of being rigged.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
^^sounds about right accept for number 14.

nothing's gonna happen to absolute as long as they deny the claims. What can anybody do, online gaming has no real enforced regulations.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but we have one thing that they desperately need... customers. Without players, the site shrivels up and dies, whether or not there are any legal recourses to be explored.

p.s. check out BBV for incredible updates on this still breaking story
Old 10-16-2007, 11:24 PM

I HAVE been doing some thought on one thing lately. How would you best track down a super-user in stud? What I'm getting at, assuming you had PT, what variables would look very suspicious? I know it would be much harder to track down even dumb cheaters in this variant versus a NL game.