Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better
(1) GoldenEye 17 32.69%
(2) Goldfinger 35 67.31%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Meditation and psychedelics poll

[ QUOTE ]
It was a good experience I take it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It hard to put into words what I've experienced, but I'll try my best:

I would definetely say it was a positive experience. I'm typically a loner and mildly introverted but the following day or two I felt a strong need for connection. I've had the same feeling ever since, only slightly diminished after falling back into some of my old patterns.

Also, I've had a mental obsession for smoking marijuana for about 4 1/2 years, everyday. I've always talked about quitting and knew how unhealthy and demotivating smoking it is, but I never had the strength(experience?) to quit. [There is much more to the story - cliffnotes: self medication because of painful and unstable childhood]
Now, ever since my trip, I have not had any of those urges.
It's sounds so cliche, but it's like im back to living life.

I've also been 100X more focused in school, but I attribute that to quitting marijuana, not taking shrooms.

The only appropriate word I can use to describe the experience is awareness. My best guess for the cause of all these changes is insights derived from experiencing another perspective on myself (either that or an extreme placebo effect lol).

I would definetely recommend anybody to try mushrooms once. It is enlighting, especially the last hour when you are in between tripping hard and coherency. Oh and all the crazy colors were pretty sweet too.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was a good experience I take it then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It hard to put into words what I've experienced, but I'll try my best:

I would definetely say it was a positive experience. I'm typically a loner and mildly introverted but the following day or two I felt a strong need for connection. I've had the same feeling ever since, only slightly diminished after falling back into some of my old patterns.

Also, I've had a mental obsession for smoking marijuana for about 4 1/2 years, everyday. I've always talked about quitting and knew how unhealthy and demotivating smoking it is, but I never had the strength(experience?) to quit. [There is much more to the story - cliffnotes: self medication because of painful and unstable childhood]
Now, ever since my trip, I have not had any of those urges.
It's sounds so cliche, but it's like im back to living life.

I've also been 100X more focused in school, but I attribute that to quitting marijuana, not taking shrooms.

The only appropriate word I can use to describe the experience is awareness. My best guess for the cause of all these changes is insights derived from experiencing another perspective on myself (either that or an extreme placebo effect lol).

I would definetely recommend anybody to try mushrooms once. It is enlighting, especially the last hour when you are in between tripping hard and coherency. Oh and all the crazy colors were pretty sweet too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meditation is for you my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY97P07PMho
Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Thanks nielso im going to watch those videos when I get a chance
Old 11-15-2007, 05:48 PM

I've done salvia twice and try to meditate a lot.
Salvia is very powerful, reality dissolves and you're taken to a whole different realm. Meditating keeps me sane.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 AM

I'm boring I guess. I don't do psychedelics and I don't meditate.

But I have this drive to create, though it has lessened a bit when I got older. I make music, play instruments, compose, listen to music, write novels and work with photographs.

When I do this often puts me in some weird state where I can't feel time flying by, and I don't notice hunger, thirst or sleepyness...it sort of freaks out family/friends/gfs sometimes because if I don't notice them unless they push me or shout really hard, and if I snap out I'm always confused and frustrated for some weird reason. In the past it could last for sometimes up to 10-12 hours at a time.

Maybe I'm just obsessive or it is something everybody experiences, I dunno. I don't know if it resembles meditation either, but it sure is relaxing (apart from snapping out and being mad thirsty).

Anybody else experience similar things?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to the point of getting in a trance-like state where I don't notice people, but to a certain extent yes. If I'm working on an creative project that I'm into I could wind up forgetting to sleep and working all night. I wish I did that more. It's a good feeling, but it's been awhile.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM

Do shrooms too many times and you will never look at time the same way again.

Edit: oh, and twice I have got myself into the state where I believe that I AM the universe/multiverse
Old 11-16-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.
When I'm alone in my room, I'll blast music, start dancing through all of my activities - cleaning my room, cleaning up my real/digital desktop, checking/writing emails. Definitely enter a trance state where I bounce around the room like a maniac, from one thing to another, and everything flows very, very efficiently and there's kind of a harmony to everything. Things fall into place and I'm only half-conscious (sometimes it's like watching a movie of myself.) Fluid, musical, yet somehow I execute everything with a machine-like accuracy.

Weird.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:55 AM

I have shroomed/taken lsd/salvia 20-30 times.. maybe more? and meditated a LOT.

i wanted to comment on people not clearing their mind when meditating. this isn't always possible but it often is, well sometimes is. its very very pleasurable and like ahhhhhhhhhh omg (literally) why don't i always do this. meditation is for everyone obv. i think so about psychedelics as well. i took them mostly when i was immature 18-21 years old. i am only 24 (25 in a month) now but much more mature and stable.. although i attribute a lot of that to intense psychedelic experiences.

salvia is the craziest [censored] imo. lsd should be taken at a show or with lots of other tripping people, mushrooms should be taken outside in the woods. salvia.. well [censored] if i know.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:22 AM

No interest in either.