Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: First good idea

It will be interesting to see how this trades tomorrow. On one hand we got the refinancing, but on the other we missed consensus by 34 cents.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 PM

Ok my guess is that Dayton goes up tomorrow. I don't think the consensus was all that fair. Yes it seemed Q3 would gain the first half weather delays, but historically Q3 has been difficult; this was the first time in 5 years they showed a profit in Q3.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 PM

Why are you pumping the stock before the confeence call? I unerstand your motivations, but really, [censored] you.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you pumping the stock before the confeence call? I unerstand your motivations, but really, [censored] you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? That is my genuine opinion. Lol at anyone making decisions based on my conjectures (that is I bought my first stock this summer). Secondly, I actually hope the stock doesn't spike tomorrow. I sold half my shares last week and want to buy back in at a lower price.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Te conference call has been rescheduled for 8AM EST on Wednesday morning from Thursday afternoon so unless you trade in the pre-market why do you care?

1-800-6421687 ID# 23652784

Full Disclosure: I don't own this stock and will never buy any (too illiquid for my taste). NILE is about the least liquid stock I feel comfortable trading.

Jimbo
Old 11-14-2007, 12:12 PM

I guess it was obvious to some that the miss was more significant than the refi. I bought back in just now at $5.62.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM

What is the 2+2 total loss for this stock so far? I am sticking with SHOE for stock advice.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:24 PM

Your contributions are appreciated.

P.S. Ample Thighs (sorry I type with a lisp)
Old 11-14-2007, 07:34 PM

Please post more icetonez. icetonez's contributions >> Shoe's imo.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Faced with tightening lending standards, commercial buildings will take a hit as well, dropping 6 percent in 2008. After experiencing a 40 percent surge of growth in 2007, thanks in part to considerable development of ethanol plants, the manufacturing sector will retreat by 11 percent in dollar volume to $16.5 billion.
Some trends are more positive for 2007, particularly in the public sector as many state and local governments remain fiscally strong, Murray said. Public works could realize a 3 percent gain to $120.95 billion in 2008. Highways and bridges are predicted to be a major contributor to growth, as renewed interest has been expressed in Congress for infrastructure improvements following the I-35W bridge collapse in Minneapolis in August. Public-private partnerships also continue to offer additional revenue sources. Murray said that the sector could see a 5 percent increase in construction starts to $56.9 billion in 2008.

Values of institutional building will also rise 4 percent to $118.7 billion next year, while square footage of those projects will remain essentially flat, experiencing a modest 1 percent increase. School construction will be a strong contributor to growth in the sector, rising 7 percent to $56.3 billion next year, while healthcare starts will flatten with a 1 percent drop predicted.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://archrecord.construction.com/n...nstruction.asp

[/ QUOTE ]

"Some trends are more positive for 2007, particularly in the public sector as many state and local governments remain fiscally strong, Murray said. Public works could realize a 3 percent gain to $120.95 billion in 2008. Highways and bridges are predicted to be a major contributor to growth, as renewed interest has been expressed in Congress for infrastructure improvements following the I-35W bridge collapse in Minneapolis in August. Public-private partnerships also continue to offer additional revenue sources. Murray said that the sector could see a 5 percent increase in construction starts to $56.9 billion in 2008.

Values of institutional building will also rise 4 percent to $118.7 billion next year, while square footage of those projects will remain essentially flat, experiencing a modest 1 percent increase. School construction will be a strong contributor to growth in the sector, rising 7 percent to $56.3 billion next year, while healthcare starts will flatten with a 1 percent drop predicted."