Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Default set in postion agains LAG early position opener

villian is runnin at 25/22.5/5.4

turn aggrassion factor is infinite

SB has basically no money left. I dont think taking him into consideration is correct.

whats the right play here on the flop? Do we flat call or do we rasie?

why?

tnx, CHEF

UTG ($208.95)
MP ($268.95)
CO ($187.10)
Hero ($200)
SB ($106.40)
BB ($14.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, Hero calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $5.

Flop: ($29) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $21</font>, CO folds,

Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: set in postion agains LAG early position opener

How have you been playing at the table?

If you've been aggressive, I usually raise the flop to about 65. If you've been passive/not active, I usually call and try to get it in on the turn.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM

If he's that aggressive I say call on that uncoordinated flop &amp; let him hang himself. Then raise/shove on the turn.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 AM

yea but raising on turn shows so much strenght, especially if uv been passive.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you've been aggressive, I usually raise the flop to about 65. If you've been passive/not active, I usually call and try to get it in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing 20/14.5/2.7 over hundred hands

think my image was TAG, but i had also been in a few recent pots so my image may have been changing.

Villian on the other hand was quite aggro
Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's that aggressive I say call on that uncoordinated flop &amp; let him hang himself. Then raise/shove on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds right to me
Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

think my image was TAG, but i had also been in a few recent pots so my image may have been changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here but will take a crack at this. I think we need to raise here and try and build a pot, especially against an LAG opponent. If he has a big Ace you'll probably get all the money in right here. The pot on the flop is $29 and his bet of $21 puts $50 in the pot, your call will make the pot $79 at this point. I think you need to decide now if you are willing to go to the felt with this hand and then make a plan based on your decision to go all the way or not.

I would think you would want to build a big pot here and the only way to do that is raise. If you make it $90 to go and he calls you this will put enough money in the pot to warrant you putting in the rest on the turn while at the same time giving your opponent a decent price to pay you off. If he folds to your raise chances are he might check fold the turn or you might get another small bet out of him. Raise the pot up now and try to double through.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi everyone, I'm new here but will take a crack at this. I think we need to raise here and try and build a pot, especially against an LAG opponent. If he has a big Ace you'll probably get all the money in right here. The pot on the flop is $29 and his bet of $21 puts $50 in the pot, your call will make the pot $79 at this point. I think you need to decide now if you are willing to go to the felt with this hand and then make a plan based on your decision to go all the way or not.

I would think you would want to build a big pot here and the only way to do that is raise. If you make it $90 to go and he calls you this will put enough money in the pot to warrant you putting in the rest on the turn while at the same time giving your opponent a decent price to pay you off. If he folds to your raise chances are he might check fold the turn or you might get another small bet out of him. Raise the pot up now and try to double through.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't we fold out all hands other than Ax

just playing devil's advocate here
Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Given the villain's anticipated aggression I think we can call here and hope he pots the turn. if he puts the $80 or whatever it is in on the turn he's not getting away from your shove, especially if you don't wait very long to do it.

The only reason this might be bad is if you suspect he has a pair of jacks or something and won't want to let them go. A raise on the flop might incite a push then, but I think the probability of both things happening without a very strong read isn't worth not getting a 2/3 pot to full pot sized bet on the turn almost 100% of the time.

Also, if this new case seems to be true he may check the turn where you can check behind to make it look like you were floating the flop.